Chapter: 13

AN: Hey everyone... I am back with a new chapter... I received some good responses for the previous chapter and I am happy to write this one...

Enough talk now lets roll the story

Before that,

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto nor its franchise. If I did, I would have killed Orochimaru at Tsunade 's retrieval arc itself...

Here comes the story now:

Mission at Konoha's borders

"Hokage-sama wants to see you Naruto-kun." Said the Anbu in a stoic tone they usually have all the time. Naruto just nodded his head and whined for a bit.
'What is it this time jiji... I am really tired I need some sleep you know!' thought Naruto.

"You better hurry up as it is urgent... I will take my leave." Said the Anbu and shunshined away.

Naruto then got inside his apartment and changed into his ninja gear. He removed his civilian clothes and wore his orange jumpsuit and put on all his essential ninja items.
Whenever a ninja is called upon by the Hokage he/she is supposed to be ready to get into action.

Naruto then locked his apartment and started to jump the rooftops to meet his Hokage jiji.
Right now, his mind was racing with thoughts full of curiosity as his Hokage-jiji called him in the middle of night. He was already supposed to meet him early in the morning.

'Why did Jiji call me at middle of the night... is something that important? Is it a mission? No, I don't think it is if it's a mission I would be called along with team 7.' thought Naruto.

And even after a while Naruto's thoughts were still there along those last lines he was thinking. It was strange since he was called at this hour. He was wondering if this was a mission or anything else.

As he was in his thoughts he came to a halt as his mind subconsciously recognised the building in front of him. Yes, he reached the Hokage's building. He then climbed the few stairs that lead inside the building and got to the Hokage's office room. He then gave a small knock on his door and opened when he heard a distorted "come in" from the voice behind the door.

He went inside as he opened the door and saw another Ninja in the room, who was his sensei. The cyclops ninja gave him a "Yo" in one of his lazy tones. Naruto in response just waved at him.

"Sorry to call at this hour Naruto-kun. I know that its your week-off but since its of urgent need I called you here. The thing is, you are having a mission.... things got shady in our borders with Iwagakure. There has been some disturbance in our borders, and we suspect Iwa is doing something. To meet the eye this is only a B-rank scouting mission. But since it is having a fair chance of involving in combat with an Iwagakure jinchuriki; it can be a tough one. You will mostly encounter Roshi of the Four tails who has full control over his bijuu.... So It can escalate to an S-rank one. Kakashi will be leading the team and there are already two others waiting for you at the village gates." Said the Hokage in his professional tone.

"So you want me to help them to contain the bijuu's power if unleashed using my Mangekyou in battle?" said Naruto in an obvious manner. Although he is afraid about facing a fully trained jinchuriki.

"Yes Naruto. For the most part you will be providing us assistance only. Since we will try our best to avoid a fight with the jinchuriki you will stay as our support and backup." Said Kakashi.

"So I hope the mission parameters are clear. You both are good to go now. You should hurry up because the other two teammates of yours are waiting at the gates of our village." said The Hokage ending their conversation.