Chapter 24

Author Note:

Thank you for all the love on this story, I wrote this quite a while ago when my writing wasn't great but you all seemed to love it anyway.

Enjoy this chapter with my improved writing, It'll be the last <3
———————————————————————————

JJ POV

It had been a few months since my relationship with Simon had started and Christmas was coming up.

It wasn't easy maintaining our relationship but we were happy, that was all we could ask for.

We had moved in together as well, it made the most sense to build our relationship in private.

I was happy with Simon and I didn't want to spend my life with anyone but him.

He was my safe place, my home, I felt I had someone whom I could trust my life with.

The next step in our relationship? A ring.

Josh came ring shopping with me, I felt like he would have the best input on what to get.

"What if he says no?" I ask, looking at the rings laid out in front of us.

"Jide don't be stupid, you guys are perfect for each other" Josh says, looking over the few rings he thought looked nice.

"Yeah but-" Josh shoots me a glare which makes me stop my sentence.

"Stop worrying and pick a ring for your man" He says, pushing me towards the rings.

I look at the blinding shine on the rings in front of me, one catching my eye immediately.

"That one" I say, pointing to a silver ring. The jeweller took the ring out and started putting it into a small box.

"Finally, thought you'd end up backing out" Josh laughs, patting my back as I take the box.

We thank the man and leave the store, getting into the car to head home.

*Time Skip- 1 Week*

We sat around a dinner table, all of the boys including Callux, Calfreezy and Randolph.

Today was the day I proposed to Simon, I had the ring in my pocket ready and the only one who knew was Josh.

The entire time he would give me a quick smirk before turning his conversation back to one of the other guys.

Me on the other hand was freaking out, the anxiety was swimming through me to the point where I didn't even want to finish my food.

Josh gives me a small nod, hinting to me that now would be a good time and my heart beat quickens.

I clear my throat and turn my attention to Simon, Josh trying to get everyone to quiet down and look over.

"Simon-" I start, making him turn to me. He could see the worry in my eyes and changed his expression.

"What's up Jide? Are you alright?" He asks and I nod, clearing my throat for a second time.

"Simon- We've been together for several months now and I couldn't ask for someone better to spend my time with" I take a breath and release the table fell silent.

"You make me the happiest person and know me inside and out. I don't want to be with anyone else, no one could make me feel the way you make me feel" I smile, Simon tearing up slightly.

"I love you- so much and I always will, I want to promise you forever so-" I take the box out of my pocket and get down on one knee.

Small chatter and excitement could be heard from the others around the table.

"Simon Minter...will you marry me?" I ask, opening the box up.

Simon wipes the tears falling down his face with a massive smile.

"Yes, obviously yes" He says, the boys cheering and clapping.

I put the ring on his finger and stand up, giving him a quick kiss before sitting down beside him.

"AYO CAN WE GET A WAITER- OR WAITRESS" Calfreezy shouts, smiling and waving his hand up to grab a workers attention.

"Time to get some drinks to celebrate!" Callux laughs, taking Calfreezy with him over to the bar.

Simon rests his head against my shoulder, the smile not budging from his face.

"I was so scared you were going to say no" I admit, looking down at him.

"Why would I say no?" He asks, looking back up at me.

"I don't know- it was just scary" I laugh, placing another kiss on his lips.

"That explains why you were so quiet tonight" He laughs back, sitting up and taking my hand.

"Do you like the ring?" I ask, glad that it actually fit his finger.

"I love it, thank you" he smiles, admiring the ring on his finger.

"Josh helped" I laugh, looking over at Josh who gave us a smile.

"I thought you would've got someone to help, I just didn't know if it was Tobi or Josh" He smiles, rubbing his thumb along the back of my knuckles.

"Yeah I wouldn't know what to do otherwise" I look back and see waiters and waitresses walking over with trays of drinks.

"Let's get this party STARTEDDDD" Calfreezy cheers along with Callux, the others joining in.

My anxieties calmed and the night was just beginning.

But so was a whole other chapter of our life as a married couple.

I knew the others would want some kind of input on how to plan the wedding.

That was for another day.

———————————————————————————

Another Author Note:

Although I am still a sidemen fan I no longer write fan fiction about them.

The stories I write now are to do with the Dream SMP, so if your also interested in that fandom check them out.

I know there's not a lot of Sidemen and Dream SMP fans, so if you are a fan of both, I respect you greatly <3