Chapter 12

Simon
I didn't want to feel anything, if I let all my emotions in it would over whelm me. I wanted to sit in a corner and cry my eyes out for weeks. "Talk to him, he needs you" Josh says to me as he rush's after the others and out the door. The click of the door is heard and the loud silence fills the house. I need to fix the mess I've made, I need him. I drag myself off the stool and up the stairs, I find myself at JJ's door. "JJ?....Can we talk?" I heard nothing, no response, no nothing. I take a step back and turn around, the door clicks open, I look behind me and see JJ standing in the doorway. "Hey" I say nervously. "Come in" he responds hesitantly. I walk into his room, his bathroom door wide open. I turn to see JJ limping, pain clearly showing on his face "JJ let me help you" "Simon I'm fine I don't need any help" I put his arm around my neck and put most of his weight onto me. "Stop being stubborn and let me help you" I say as I take him over to his bed. "Why haven't you bandaged yourself up" he looked up at me, I felt as if I was looking at someone different. There was no colour, no happiness, just hurt.

JJ
"Simon I'm fine I don't need any help" I say as pain fills my body. He puts my arm over his neck and helps me walk over to my bed "Stop being stubborn and let me help you" he said, ironic since he's normally the stubborn one. He sits me on my bed and looks at my hand. "Why haven't you bandaged yourself up" I look up at his blue eyes. Our eyes lock for a moment. I go into the pocket of my hoodie and take out the bandages, I look back at Simon and hold them out to him. He takes them from me and looks at my knuckles, examining how bad it is and what's damaged. He grabs my gaming chair and brings it to the side of the bed. A sad look spreads across his face as he starts to unravel the bandages. "I'm sorry" he says as he starts to bandage my wound. "For what?" I ask. "I'm sorry for what I said to you, I didn't mean any of it I was just frustrated and confused" he says, keeping his eyes focused on my hand. "Confused about what?" I ask. "My feelings...for you" he looked up at me as he knotted the bandage, waiting for my response. "What's confusing about them?" I look at him and ask. "I shouldn't feel like this it's wrong, and I'm stupid to think you would even feel the same, especially for someone like me" hearing those words come out his mouth hurt me, he's worth so much more than he knows. "I need more bandages" he says as he wipes away a fallen tear. I take out another roll and pass it to him as I push myself further up the bed and carefully lift my foot up. I watch as he also looks at my swollen ankle, bruised and possibly fractured. He starts to unravel the roll and wrap my ankle. "That night, when we argued" I say waiting for his attention. "Yeah...?" He asks, a crack in his voice. "You want to know what I was going to say?" He looked up at me and nodded, delicately wrapping my ankle trying not to hurt me. "I care about you so much Si, you make me feel things that I can't even begin to describe. Whenever I'm sad your the first person to notice , when something good happens your the first person I want to tell. You make me happy and you send me absolutely crazy. Simon minter I love you, more than a best friend". I feel the bandage tighten as he knots the wrap.

Simon
I carefully begin to wrap JJ's ankle, I didn't want to hurt him even more than I already have "You want to know what I was going to say?" He asks, I look up at him and nod faintly as I look back down to his ankle. "I care about you so much Si, you make me feel things that I can't even begin to describe. Whenever I'm sad your the first person to notice , when something good happens your the first person I want to tell. You make me happy and you send me absolutely crazy. Simon minter I love you, more than a best friend" I finish wrapping his ankle and tighten a knot. I look up from it and into his eyes. "Then listen to me, I've always loved you Jide, it's always been you, you send me insane yet your the one that keeps me the most sane...I love you so so much Olajide Olatunji, and I'm so sorry" A tear falls down both of our faces. "I didn't bandage myself up because I had no idea how to" He comments, making us both laugh. "How did you hurt yourself anyway?" I ask, not really wanting an answer. "I punched a wall in anger and then at some point tripped over a log" he responded. The sound of the main door downstairs opening is heard with the familiar voices of our friends and the smell of chicken. "Come on lets get some food" I say, helping JJ up and putting his arm back round my neck. We smile at each other as I feel my cheeks brighten.

Josh
We finally got home with food. We had been gone for quite a while as we did order a lot of food which is fair enough. I take off my shoes and coat and place the keys on the side as the other boys take off their coats and shoes as well as we head into the kitchen with all the bags of food. We all start to take the food out of the bags as Vik and I grab some plates. "Here they come" Harry comments, we turn to see Simon helping JJ down the stairs, clean and bandaged. We look at one another and give a smile knowing they've made up. They walk through and sit on a stool next to each other. "Let's eat boys" Ethan comments, as we all start digging into the food.