Chapter 20

JJ

Last night was a bit of a blur, I wake up in my own bed, no one with me. I look around for my phone and find it on charge beside me. 4:43am, I get out of bed and walk over to my bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I slip off my clothes and put my phone on the side, I walk under the shower, turning it on. The hot water trickling down my body. I stand under the water for around 20 minutes before finally getting out. I grab a black sidemen hoodie and black sidemen joggers, as well as fresh boxers and socks. I get dressed and grab the closest headache tablets in my cupboard, I walk over to my bedside table where Simon left a bottle of water last night and use it to swallow them. I sit down on my gaming chair and set my mic and camera up, typing reddit in on google and going to r/ksi. I press record and start the video. 15 minutes later I finish up, a smile on my face remembering how funny it is every time I go onto it. It was the first time I've laughed in a while and it felt good. I feel good. I check my phone again, 5:40, I spring out of my chair and walk out of my room and down the stairs. I sneak quietly into the kitchen, careful to wake the rest of the boys scattered sleeping on sofas. They had stayed over as it was easier than transport. I get into the kitchen and grab some cereal. As I finish up I hear movement from upstairs, I put the bowl near the sink and quietly walk over to the kitchen door. I stop my movement when I'm met with Simon standing in front of me. "JJ what are you doing" he whispers. I grab his hand and shut the kitchen door behind him. "I was hoping it was you I could hear" I say. "Why?" he asks. "Cause I've been dying to do this" As I finish my sentence I pull his face closer to mine and kiss him. The kiss gets rougher as I push him against the door causing a thump. "Jide sssh they could hear us" "Sorry". Before it escalated we both pull away, catching our breath. "JJ, can I ask you something?" "Of course you can Si" he looks around the place, leaving a good few seconds of awkward silence. "What are we?" I think, before answering. I didn't know either so what was I supposed to say. "Whatever you want us to be" I say, he looks up at me, not saying anything. I take a deep breath "But what I want us to be is together". A smile grows on his face "I want us to be together too" We share a passionate kiss. "Simon Minter, will you be my boyfriend?" I say, Huge smiles on both of our faces. "Yes Olajide Olatunji, I love you so much" "I love you too". We wrap each other in a hug, enjoying each others embrace.

Simon

We sat in the kitchen for another hour or so, talking, laughing and smiling. JJ hasn't laughed in a while, I didn't realise how much I missed seeing him smile and the sound of his laughter. He has the laugh that makes you laugh too. "Lets get Nando's!" He says, getting all excited. "Jide its barely even the morning yet, no ones awake" I say, laughing at him. "Yeah but we can bring it for them, so when they wake up they have food. Pleaseeee Si, I really want some chicken" "Okay fine Jiddle, only since you asked so nicely" His face lights up as we both leave the kitchen, putting our trainers and coats on, I grab the keys, quietly unlocking the door to leave. We make our way over to the car, I get into the drivers seat as JJ gets into the passenger seat. We buckle up and pull out of the driveway. "Si guess what?" "What?" "I woke up this morning and-" "Really" I laugh as I say it, hearing him chuckle as well. "Nooo, I had a shower and then I recorded a video" he says. "Whats got you in a good mood today then?" I ask, not wanting to ask the wrong questions. "I don't really know, I woke up and I felt good, and now I'm really happy because I'm with you" I feel my cheeks flush red as the words leave his mouth. "Awh JJ", The rest of the journey we spoke about the sidemen and ideas we had for the channel to progress. I hadn't seen this side of JJ in a while. If you're ever having a bad day and see him like this, he could make anyone smile with that goofy laugh of his. I pull up to Nando's, the two of us climbing out of the car and walking towards the entrance. We make our order and sit down near the counter while we wait for the food to be cooked. I rest my head on his shoulder, feeling content and happy beside him. I can't help but have a crazy stupid smile on my face.