Chapter 17

JJ

I lay there, staring up at the ceiling, hearing Simon's content breathing beside me as he sleeps, resting his head on my chest. I cover my hands with the sleeves of the jumper. I must've fell asleep for an hour or so. I put my hand into my hoodie and pull out my phone, 8:14 am. I sneak from underneath Simon and cover him in the sheets to keep him warm. I shut his door quietly and head up the next set of stairs, the pain in my foot bearable. I head over to the gym, where we keep all our weights and equipment, and start to work off the anger.

Josh

It's around 9am when Vik arises from his room. "Morning Josh" "Morning" he takes his cereal bowl into the kitchen and loads it into the dishwasher. "Were you playing xbox down here last night?" I ask. "No, it was probably JJ, he was the only other person awake" "Oh, what time were you guys awake?" I ask, normally JJ is the first one asleep and the last one to wake. "Around 4 I think, I can't really remember" Our conversation is stopped by a ring of the doorbell. I walk over to the door and answer it. "Mr and Mrs Olatunji, JJ didn't mention you were coming" I say, surprised to see them. "Ah yes he didn't know either, speaking of him where is he?" she asks. I look over to Vik "Go get JJ" "Come in" I say, shutting the door behind him.

Vik

I dash up the stairs and look in JJ's room, no sign of him. I then walk over to Simon's room, knocking on the door before I enter. "Have you seen JJ? His parents are here to see him" I say. "No but I'll help you find him". We both leave his room, to see JJ coming down the stairs from the gym. "Your parents are here" I say, his face changing completely. I walk back down the stairs with Simon closely behind me. Everyone was sat in the kitchen, Josh was making coffee.

JJ

I finish my workout and head back down the stairs, taking my earphones out. I look in front of me to see Simon and Vik looking at me. "Your parents are here" Vik says. It takes a moment before the words sink into me. They both walk down the stairs, and I slowly walk towards the stairs. I take deep breathes and walk down hastily. I look through into the kitchen to see everyone talking happily. I don't want them here. I decide fuck it before storming into the kitchen. "Im here" I say bluntly. My parents both turn around to face me. "So are we doing this here or somewhere else?" Keeping my eye contact only on them. "Olajide, your mother and I just want to fix this" "Why because now Deji isn't here? You shouldn't have come I meant what I said." "Olajide, this isn't about your brother its about us". All the rage I just got rid off started to fill my body once again. "It has everything to do with him because he controls you, if he were here you wouldn't be saying any of this." Just as I say that the sound of the front door opening is heard, followed by a slam. In walked Deji. "Why the fuck didn't you wake me up" he screams at them. "Don't scream at them Dej""Fuck off JJ you're a cunt" "Why don't you, you're in my house". Silence is heard for a good 5 seconds. "How's your eye?" he laughs. "If you're just here to torment me, just get out" I say, my body becoming tired from lack of sleep. "I told you mum, he's not fucking Worth it, pathetic" he says. I look over at both of my parents not saying a word once again. "You know what I think it's time you guys leave" Josh says. "No theres no need were family" Deji says. "when I spoke to you last time you said we aren't family, which we aren't because my family is right here" I say, looking over to all 3 boys. "So now its your turn to leave before I call the police". My mum and dad get up from their seats, taking Deji with them. "Olajide please you're my son" I hear my mum say, as I slam the door on her face as the rest leave. I turn around to be met by 3 sad faces. "Im sorry, I should've told you guys". Simon walks up to me and wraps me in a hug, followed by Josh, and Vik. "Shit the boys will be here soon" Josh says, realising the time is nearly 10am. "I'll get changed" I remove myself from the group and walk back up the stairs. I grab my towel and head into the bathroom to wash my sweaty body.

Simon

"Olajide please your my son" JJ slams the door on them. He turns around, finally making eye contact with us. "I'm sorry, I should've told you guys" he says, looking about ready to have another break down. I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him, followed by Josh and Vik. "Shit the boys will be here soon" Josh says, the time coming onto 10am. "I'll get changed" JJ says, breaking away from all of us and walking back up the stairs. "Lets just go easy on him today" Josh says, me and Vik nod in agreement. I walk up the stairs and back to my room. I change my dirty clothes into clean ones and walk over to JJ's room. I hear the water running in his bathroom and go over to his bed. I sit on his bed on my phone for 15 minutes until I hear the water stop. He walks out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist, his body glistening from the water. "Simon what're you doing here?" "Just waiting for you and making sure you're all good" he doesn't reply. He grabs his black and yellow oversized hoodie and some boxers and joggers and goes back into the bathroom. He comes back out 5 minutes later, his hood over his head and his hands buried into his pockets. "Jide come here" he walks towards me, dragging his feet. I cup his head in my hands and kiss his forehead "I love you" I say. He wraps his arms around me hiding his face in my chest. Josh stands in the doorway, looking over at us "The boys are here" "Give us a minute" I say, Josh turns and walks back down the stairs. We stand in the middle of his room, his arms stay wrapped around me, I rub his back as he stands in my embrace. All I want to do is ease his pain for him, but it's not as easy as it sounds.