v. venomous

CHAPTER FIVE, venomous

✰✰✰

"Derek is not going to kill her without proof." Scott said in a low whisper so no one can hear
to Stiles as they walked into Chemistry.

Scott and Stiles learned that in coaches class, Jackson told them that Lydia could be a target that Derek wants to kill because he thinks she is the Kanima. Scott and Stiles need to protect Lydia at all costs, hoping that Derek actually won't kill her.

"All right, so he tests her like he did with Jackson, right? But, when or where?" Stiles asked as they stopped at the front of the class before spotting Lydia sitting in the front row, writing in her notebook, then spotted Erica and Isaac arriving in at the same time.

"I think here and now." Scott answered his best friend as he watched Erica smirk as she made her way to Lydia but couldn't get there in time seeing as Scott beat her to it, by sitting beside the strawberry blonde.

Didn't want anyone to sit on the other side, Stiles grabbed a stool and sat on Lydia's left. She glanced between them with narrowed eyes before continuing to write. Scott and Stiles shared a look, thankful that they got there first.

Allison and Ellie walked in soon after, taking a seat in the second row on the left. Allison gave Scott a look, as if to say 'What's going on?'. The only response she got was Scott nodding towards Erica and Isaac behind him, making Erica smirk at them. Ellie ignored the blonde werewolf and just went on with getting her books.

Mr. Harris spoke up while walking from the back of the classroom to the front, "Einstein once said, 'Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe'. I myself have encountered infinite stupidity," He patted Stiles on the shoulder before continuing, "So, to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one. Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with...." He stopped talking once seeing we've Rhône's hands up except, Ellie, Allison, Scott, Stiles, Isaac, and Lydia. Mr. Harris sighed, annoyingly, "I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down. Start with Mr. McCall. All right, next two."

Ellie gave Allison's hand a reassuring squeeze, remembering what they witnessed yesterday with in the hall. Allison was hesitated but got up once Mr. Harris called her name and directed her to Lydia. Thank god, Ellie thought. Luckily, Ellie didn't have to go grouch the first experiment with the two werewolves, but with Danny. They were both introduced a few days ago and were instantly friends. What's worse is that they were seated right behind Scott and Erica.

They were talking but Ellie couldn't hear and thank god she couldn't because she did not want to spend a whole class with Erica flirting with her cousin's boyfriend.