prologue.

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Ellie Argent stared outside the window driving past houses as the sun shone down on her face. She was currently on her way to Beacon Hills. After spending years in boarding school where she and her mother lived, Ellie decided to come to Beacon Hills after she heard terrifying news about her mom.

Her mom is dead.

She remembered her phone call with her cousin, Allison, telling her that her mother died.

Ellie was currently in her dorm room with her best friend, Florence. Hey were laughing and smiling until Ellie's phone rang. A bright smile immediately took over her face as she pressed the answer button.

"Hey Ally," Her voice was high and squeaky, she just couldn't wait to talk to her.

Allison and Ellie have always been close. Not just like cousins but more like sisters. They did everything. And being in the same grade helped too.

"Uh, Hey, El..." Allison said, sniffling, like she's been crying.

"Ally? Are you okay?" Ellie asked her cousin.

"Um...I have something very important I need to tell you. It's about your mom."

As soon as Ellie heard those words, she stood up from her bed and stayed silent, waiting for Allison to continue.

"Something happened." She sobbed into the phone.

"Allison, what's wrong with my mom?" Ellie choked out. Allison stopped sniffling after hearing her cousin call her by her first name, and not her nickname.

"She's gone."

That's all it took for Ellie to drop her phone, hearing it slightly crack on the wooden floor.
Florence turned her head around to see her friends phone on the floor and looked up at Ellie, watching as a tear slowly went down her cheek.

"Oh, Ellie." Florence quickly pulled her best friend in a hug and let her cry on her shoulder.

That's what made Ellie return to Beacon Hills. Because her mother was gone. Sure, she new every bad thing her mom did. Like, burning down the Hale family's house. You think she wouldn't know about the supernatural but she does. She knew way before Allison but she wanted nothing got to to with it. She didn't even want anything to do with the fact that her family were a bunch of werewolf hunters. She just hopes that Allison doesn't turn into one.