vi. frenemy

CHAPTER SIX, frenemy

✰✰✰

It's turns out that Scott and Stiles found the kanima, well Jackson at the Jungle - a club for gay people. Ellie found that out by Allison after Scott rang her that night. After trying all night to find Jackson - they eventually did - but in a naked form which made the two boys very uncomfortable. Ellie was also getting ready for bed that night but got interrupted by a call from Stiles himself.

Ellie's eyes widened after finding out that Scott and Stiles locked Jackson in a van that was kept far off into the preserve. He simply told the Argent that he and Scott would be staying all night to do some babysitting.

Throughout the night, Ellie could barely sleep without thinking about her previous conversation with Gerard.

✰✰✰

"So, who did you two say you were studying with tonight?"

That simple question that came out of his mouth send a shiver down Ellie's spine. She hated hearing his voice echoing through her ears every time he spoke to her. The last time they spoke, he told her something that he wasn't supposed to tell her. It got the raven-haired girl very curious and may or may not have done some digging on what he told her.

Ellie hasn't told anyone about what Gerard told her - not even Allison - and they promised not to have any secrets between one another. She shook her head, getting rid of all those thoughts and focused on what was important right now. Well, right now, she and her cousin were sitting in Gerard's office. It's like every day he talks to both of them - like an interrogation - trying to get something out of them, like he knows there hiding something.

He was pacing around his desk and watching them carefully as the two girls avoided eye contact as best as they could.

"Just Lydia. We're prepping for our world history midterm." Allison answered his question, seeing as her cousin was very uncomfortable. The brunette also kept noticing all the glances Gerard kept making at the raven-haired girl and couldn't help but become curious and protective.

Gerard smiled slightly before sitting down in front of them, "History was one of my favorites, especially military history."

Ellie stayed silent while fiddling with the bottom of her sleeve but still kept feeling his eyes on her.

Gerard's face then quickly turned serious, "Ever year the phrase, 'Know thy enemy' ?"

"It's from The Art of War by Sun Tzu." Ellie spoke for the first time, looking up and finally locked eyes with Gerard. She straightened her back giving him a small smirk, "My mother told me."