Kids Just Don't Listen

"And Todoroki! You should know better than to just run off on your own! You probably just told your father where you were going and to check up on you! Where did telling people your suspicions go! You were all idiots!" I finished my lecture with a twitching eye as I sat cross-legged on my bed that was by the window.

They all quietly took the lecture without trying to defend themselves. I mean, they're gonna get in trouble. Oh, and it turns out that my transformation quirk can let me stay in human form for as long as I want. I don't have to change back into a fox whenever I want to sleep, so that's a plus, but I am so not used to sleeping like a human anymore. I don't even have any physical injuries right now because of my recovery quirk, but I was still feeling the aftermath of using as many quirks as I did. So, mainly just aches and pains.

The doors opened, revealing Tori and Manual. "Oh, so the injured youngins are awake."

"Gran Torino!"

"And Manual too."

"Idiot," Tori shot at Midoriya, making him flinch. "I could yell at you for hours right now."

"I'm sorry..." he apologized.

"But before I do, you've got a visitor." My face went completely blank as a very tall well-suited dog came through the door. "This is Hosu's chief of police, Keiji Tsuragamae."

Here we go.

Iida and Todoroki stood up and Midoriya went to follow suit. "No, please, stay seated, woof. So, you're the UA students who brought down the Hero Killer, huh?"

Wait... Tsuragamae sounds familiar... Maybe I had one of his parents as a student?

"Stain has some serious injuries. Severe burns and several broken bones. Right now he's in the hospital under strict guard, woof. Here's a lesson you should have already learned: when quirks became the norm, the police force sought to maintain the status quo. They decided we wouldn't use quirks as weapons. That's when heroes came in. They could do what we couldn't, if they were licensed, of course, woof. It would be impossible for the police to condone the use of deadly quirks. After all, we're here to stop such harm from being done. The only reason pros can use their powers now is because of the strict code of ethics that the early heroes chose to live by. That's why it's against the law for uncertified people to use their quirks to cause injury."

Oh, so I can be human without breaking the law. That's good to know.

"Whether you were up against the Hero Killer or not, none of you have the authority to harm the villain. Even more so because you didn't get permission to fight from your instructors. That means the three of you that broke that rule, and your supervisors, Endeavor, Manual, and Gran Torino, should receive harsh punishments for this gross abuse of your powers."

"Now wait a minute," Todoroki butted in. "If Iida had not stepped in, Native would've been murdered. And if not for Midoriya, both of them would be dead. No one else even realized that the Hero Killer was in Hosu. Are you saying we should've stood by and watched people die?"

"So it's okay to break the law as long as it goes your way?"

He has a point.

"But, sir, isn't it a hero's job to save people?"

"This is why you're not a full-fledged pro yet. It's obvious UA and Endeavor haven't been teaching you nearly enough. What a shame."

Okay, that's a bit harsh.

"You damned mutt," Todoroki growled as he started for him.

"Todoroki. Listen, he's right," Iida said in alarm.