Before The Sport's Festival

~For future references, text in <> means that it's in English.~

I sat on the podium, drawing, as the bell rang. When the door opened, there was a bunch of students from different classes crowding around. I paid them no mind as I continued with the drawing of my two friends. Yes, this is taking a while to finish.

I jumped onto Katsu's shoulders as he walked towards the door and I continued on with my drawing and didn't listen to what was being said, even when Tetsutetsu started shouting.

"Just saying, I'm not aiming to win the festival," I absentmindedly stated as I worked on the devilish hands when we were out of the crowd.

"You better give it your all if you go up against me," he said with a glare.

"Oh, that I intend on doing. If I get put against you, you'll find yourself on your ass."

Over the next two weeks, everyone trained, even I did. I mainly focused on fine-tuning Jet while using Float. Besides that, I worked on that new strength quirk that I had gotten. Now, it's the week before the Sport's Festival and I'm on Katsu's shoulders as we're going to school.

"Hey, Katsu." He hummed in acknowledgment. "I found your spirit tree yesterday. It's called a 'Sandbox Tree,' reason I say it's your spirit tree is 'cause its bark is covered with spikes and its seeds are explosive." (It's a real tree. I read into it for a few minutes after I saw it on Pinterest. Gotta say, it's my second favorite tree now after Japanese cherry trees.)

"What the hell." He gave me the 'wtf' look.

"I. Got. Bored. And I couldn't sleep for an extra hour."

"You're such a fucking weirdo." He looked back ahead.

"Thank you. I take that as a compliment."

*Sigh* "Whatever. Gotten used to my quirk yet?"

"For the most part, yeah. If I use it too much though, my paws start to feel numb."

"Well no fucking shit, Sherlock. Why do you think my hands are so calloused?"

"Well, Watson, you've had your whole life to get used to it. I've only been using it for a few months," I shot back in the same tone.

"What about the flying?"

"Ehhh... It's pretty rough. The one that propels me takes a lot of precision and it's taking me a while to get used to those controls."

"You're such a fucking weeb."

"I shan't deny that. I love video games."

We finished our commute to school and the day went by like it has been. Normal classes flew by and study hall with Class 1-B went as usual with me helping a couple of kids, including the transfer student from America with Japanese- I had taken English classes in high school and college and I read a bunch of English books, so I'm fluent in it. After lunch, we got the period to practice our quirks with the option of having partners and, of course, I paired up with Katsu.

<Fuuuck. I can't feel my paws,> I grumbled.

"What?" Katsu looked at me with absolute confusion.

"You don't need to know." 'Honestly, he curses enough in Japanese. Don't need him cursing in multiple languages.'

"Whatever. Do it again." He was having me continuously use the explosions so I'd get used to it.

"Come on, give me a break! If someone stabbed a pen through my paw, I would legitimately not feel it."

"You're over-reacting!" he exclaimed with an irk mark.