💙 Memories You Kept Hidden 💙

"I'm home!" Sapnap yelled out to no one, it had became a habit that he just seemed to be unable to break from.

Sometimes he could still hear the replies he would get as he walked through the mushroom, library doors. Sometimes it would be a "hey baby, how was your day?" Other times it was as simple as "I'm up here!" Yet no matter how long the response, it was still better then the deafening silence that greats him now.

Over time the chandelier that dangled from the ceiling had become rustic and the wax that once rested high candles had completed melted down. A constant reminder of the time that had past everyone since the beginning of the kinoko kingdom. Sapnap had replaced the candles over seventeen times, in the last month or so.

In total, sapnap must have brought out each and every candle the server had, resulting in having to go elsewhere to try get candle wax.
The library area had become much less of a library and more of a reminder of who use to love it so.

Sapnap walked into the middle of the circle, looking around a short time before noting that dust had started to gather around the overgrown mushroom on the side. The Mushrooms cap had become loopy, and dragged low. Even the stem had become turned to the left side, causing myscelum roots to sprout from the floor boards and uncover some of the land below.
As he walked closer to the mushroom, his hands traced around the volva that began to grow upwards and point outwards.
He walked around half way of the mushroom till the fireborn boy noted the floor patterns beneath the roots of the Mushroom. Some roots seemed to have pushed itself below an odd shade of wood - escaping to something beneath the build.
For how ever long sapnap had came to this wasting building, he had never noticed this strange trapdoor or maybe he simply didn't want to notice.

A deep breath in his chest, and clenched fists, sapnap knelt and tried to unknot the vines that locked the door. Twisting one around the other, and shoving them both to the side.
He'd never cut the mushroom, no matter how large and deranged it will become; besides this place, that was one of the only things left of his lost lover.

  With a big enough gap, the man got his way through, tumbling and slipping off a large vine and weak ladders that haven't been used for years.

Once the fog of dust filled smoke, and the coughing of sapnap, had passed all that was left was him sitting in a crumble of wood and a large amount of books all left tidily and untouched.
The square bunker was alined with shelving that above rested item frames of the pictured covers of each book at laid underneath.
Each of the covers was mostly visible, dusty and the colour had faded slightly, but manageable neither the less. One thing stood in common with each off the poster covers, besides the fact that it was always his handwriting on them, was how each of the people involved looked some what familiar.

Like how, on the haunted mansion cover someone that represented a nerdier version of George stood next to Karl, and was that glatt behind them?
Or maybe, how in the masquerade a richer and more soft faced version (or maybe ancestor) of technoblade.

Each one contained Karl in them, either directly in the front of somewhat hidden in the difference... "Is this why you wanted a library?"

He was scared to touch the books, scared incase a fingers touch could break the only thing he had left of Karl. The only thing that could be some sort of clue to were he's gone.
  Sapnap stood, centre of the room, looking about to see the fading mushroom coloured walls, the odd feet missed dust prints...

"Huh?"

How had he not noticed the smaller shoe dotted blank marks on the floor, ones that definitely don't match the large mark where he had fallen nor the boot shaped ones he's slightly smudged into the ground. Where was little to no dust on the marks, either meaning there fresh or simply have something that prevents dust ontop.
The shoe shapes appear from seemingly no where, not to far close to the wall yet not in the centre either.

If they where fresh maybe, just maybe, sapnap could see Karl again.  So he'll wait, he'll wait for ever how long down here until Karl comes back.
He's lost quackity, but he won't lose Karl...
Not again.

Now, it's months in the future: Kinoko kingdom had become a waste land of haunted memories and a memorial for the two lovers whom had disappeared.
  Neither was dead, but who would have thought to check the secret area below a mushroom library for the missing people?

The purple and real swirl appears since what seems like a life time, allowing the lost time traveler to return to the running present.
  Upon a step into the room, it couldn't be helped to gasp and drop to the floor.
Not only had the room been swarmed with vines and dust, but one of his past lovers and all of the books he had written long ago was cradled in the centre of the room. All looking drained and as if though they haven't moved in years.

Could it be bad to say that Karl and deserved the pain he felt currently, deserved the tears that flooded from his eyes and drenched the shoulder of the dying man.
  He could have prevented it all, prevented the horrible sight, prevented the ghost of a kingdom that he had made, if only he had stopped trying to change the past for the future. If only if he had known the simplicity of the words that follow, 'if you live your life in the past in hopes of changing the future, all your going to do is lose your present'.