Chapter 24: Soda and Shrooms

Fluff!

———

"Come on George!"
Fred grinned and George glared up at him, "and why exactly can't we apparate there?"
"Fresh air and sunshine dear brother!" Declared the idiot George was somehow genetically identical to.
Fred pranced ahead up the hill, spinning with his arms wide whilst George trudged upward, panting and out of breath. He wanted to know exactly when Fred had secretly gotten physically fitter than him. It was a mystery he couldn't solve. He felt a little betrayed, but as they often said to those they pranked. All's fair in love and war.

"Almost there." Teased Fred, who was nearly in view of the demon house that the Lovegoods called home.
"Git." Grunted George, wiping the sweat from his brow and praying he didn't look like burned ham by the time they arrived. Hopefully he could convince Fred to hide for a bit so he could at least recover his breathing before Delphi saw him.

"Fred! George!"
"Bollocks." Hissed George, and Fred cackled as Delphi's happy voice reached them.

She skipped down the hill toward them beaming. She wore an over sized muggle graphic T-shirt tucked into navy shorts at her waist, with black converse and her hair flowing in the wind behind her, bottle top earrings bouncing.
She looked very overjoyed to see them though, and completely unfazed by George's red complexion.

"Good for you two, walking! Luna thinks Apparating causes maro rot, and considering how nutty some adults are, I'm half inclined to agree!" Delphi reached them in only a few moments, her voice sing song, and indigo eyes sparkling.
George stood up straight and smiled, "Fred wanted to apparate but I told him walking would do us good!"
Fred glared, and George sent him a smirk. All's fair, all's fair.
Delphi nodded approvingly, "Very wise of you George. Let me show you round the house? I don't think you two have been inside before. Come on!"

She turned and ran back up the hill, without giving them another moment.
She made it look easy.
George wasn't the only one to swear under his breath, as they tried to run after her.
He thought Fred was physically fit, but by the time they reached the house, his twin looked just as likely to pass out as he was, and Delphi hadn't broken a sweat.
She snickered at them, "don't worry, if you climb up most days this summer you'll be running up by the end! Now lemonade. My dad doesn't drink it because he thinks they use bowtruckle blood, but that's one theory I investigated and proved wrong, so we do have some somewhere...."
She headed inside, humming, and Fred and George exchanged looks.
"Down the rabbit hole we go Forge." Sighed George, taking a deep breath and sweeping his hair out his eyes as a weak attempt at neatness.
"After you, Gred." Replied Fred.
"Oh hello tomatoes." Said a light and airy voice from the hedge they were stood beside.

They turned to stare in surprise, peering inside to find Luna.
She was sat cross-legged inside the large bush, in neon orange dungarees, with a pad of paper on her lap and water colour paints propped on a branch intersection. Despite being in a hedge, she appeared to be painting a human toad in a forest, clutching a broken bicycle handlebar wearing what looked like toxic femininity converted into coat form. George wasn't aware that was a shade of pink you could get by magic, let alone paint.

"Hi Luna." Managed George, "why are you in a hedge?"
"Oh!" Luna didn't appear to have realised it was unusual, "the scent of the judaega tree is supposed to be conductive to prophetic inspiration, I've been artistically struggling recently, but it helped me through my block, see?"
She smiled brightly at them through the leaves, and the twins nodded mechanically.
"Lovely Luna."
"Remember not to stay in there too long Luna!" Called Delphi, presumably from the kitchen, "you don't want to catch artistic angrovia!"
"Yes Phi!" Called Luna, before winking at the twins, "go distract her for me? I just want to stay here a bit longer but she insists it's bad for me."
"Yes ma'am." Said Fred making the girl giggle.