chapter 1

"I'm gonna win a fuckin medal," I growled in Denna's face

Her eyes were wide and the grip on that she had on my arms was starting to slac. I needed to end this. I pulled my gun from the holster and jumped off her really quick, firing a shot and hitting her between the eyes.

"DENNA" Sam cried behind me

I spun towards her, she was crawling away, trying to get out but with a swift kick to the ribs I stopped that from happening. She rolled onto her back, her hands coming up in surrender.

It didn't matter. 

And with another bullet, I killed her too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mall parking lot was filled with cop cars and I sat in the back of an ambulance, getting my wounds tended too. I watched as people walked up to the yellow caution tape, their eyes wide as the stretchers came out toting bodies. Blooded sheets covering up the gruesome images.

"Another bad drug deal," is what some were saying

"The two girls killed them and then they turned on each other," another said

"I can't believe that Johnson girl killed her own brother," someone cried

Just another day in Shadyside for some.

Most just looked on in boredom, all except one. I seen her push her way through the crowd, her hair flying through the chilled wind, eyes wide and horrified. One of her hands covered her mouth as they rolled the last two bodies out.

Who was she?

"You ok Sheriff," a medic asked me

I just nodded still staring at her, she was crying. And for just a moment, I felt bad, the guilt flowing through me.

"Do you know who that is," I pointed the girl out to the medic

"Oh that's Y/N L/N, she's been friends with Denna since they were in diapers, shes just older by like 5 years I think," I looked at him skeptically

"You seem to know an awful lot about her," I eyed him

"She lives across the street from me, hell we grew up together too. When her parents died, my mom helped her out a lot," he shrugged

I just nodded, my eyes going back to her. I was being creepy I know that, but she was the first woman in a long time to give me a jolt and keep my attention for so long.

No matter the cost, I had to have her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 days later

I was parked across from Y/N house, in the dark thankfully, watching for signs of life. All the windows were dark and the neighborhood was quite, except for a few dogs here and there.

Finally, headlights came down the road, slightly blinding me and I slouched in my seat a little further, trying not to be spotted.

It was her.

She got out of her car, shoulders slumped under the beautiful black dress and jacket she was wearing. Her body screamed defeat. The funeral for Denna and Josh was today, must've been where she had came from.

She didn't go into the house, instead she sat on the steps of her porch, pulling something from her purse.

Cigarettes.

I'd put a stop to that pretty quick.

I watched at she lit it, her smoke trailing through the air as she wiped at her eyes with the back of her hand.