chapter 13

Y/N POV (Surprise!!!!)

I watched as Nick's head collided with the night stand, his eyes shutting against the pain and his head falling to the side. I had managed to knock him out. I watched for a few minutes, praying to whoever was listening that he wouldn't wake up for awhile.

I hesitated before running to the closet, grabbing some clothes and stuffing them in a bag. Glancing over my shoulder, I seen him still laying there, his cheek bone bruised from my punch.

I grabbed my old car keys and ran to the garage, thanking god that I had kept it and didn't get rid of it like he insisted. With a tug, the garage door was up and I was in the car quickly.

Backing out quickly, I took off down the road and didn't stop. He had made a promise and broke it. He said he would never hurt me again.

But he quickly showed me just who he was and what he was capable of. Turning violent when I didn't tell him what I didn't even know.

Bastard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was dusk when I finally stopped the car outside of my aunt's house. Luckily, I had never told Nick about her or even where she lived.

With a quick glance around just in case, I grabbed my bag and ran to the door, pounding on it. I heard a muffled yell from behind it and stopped, hoping she would answer quickly.

"What," the door was flung open

"Hey Aunt Liza," her mouth dropped open at the sight of me

She pulled me into the house and into her arms, causing me to break down into tears.

"What happened," she asked softly

"Its a long story," I pulled back and wiped my eyes

She shut the door gently and hooked her arm with mine, pulling me towards the kitchen with a soft smile.

"You need hot coco," she stated

I laughed, my mind flashing back to childhood of hot coco being a cure all for anything, even a skinned knee she used to tell me.

I think it was her way of shutting me up if I'm being honest.

I watched as she threw everything together and handed me the steaming mug. My hands were warmed up as I sipped it.

"He was so awful," I sighed

"Who,"

"Nick," her eyes went wide

"Nick Goode," I nodded and she shook her head

"I always knew there was something wrong with that little weasel," she snapped, making me chuckle

"Do you mind if I stay here? Just till I get back on my feet," I whispered

"You can stay as long as you want,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
July

I had taken my aunt up on her offer to stay as long as I wanted. I found a job and helped out as much as I could, even with my growing belly. She was grateful with the extra set of hands. She hasn't had much help since my uncle died.

My engagement ring sat in the nightstand, gathering dust but I promised myself that I wouldn't dwell on it. I was obviously lying to myself.

I thought of Nick often, wondering if he was ok. I had managed to knock him out after all. And even with all that had been said and done that day, I still hated myself for hurting him. Must be the hormones.

"Y/N, COME HERE," my aunt screamed frantically one day

I waddle as fast as I could down the stairs to find her sitting on the couch, eyes wide and full of tears as she watched the TV screen. I looked over, seeing my face, with the words Missing underneath my photo.

"I have to go,"I managed to say

She nodded gravely, grabbing my hand and pulling me into a hug.

"You stay safe, I won't stop you from leaving," she croaked out

I nodded, still hugging her before abruptly letting go and waddling back up the stairs.

She followed me, watching as I slowly packed all my belongings. Without saying a word, she grabbed them from the bed and hauled them to my car for me. Rummage through the nightstand, I grabbed my engagement ring and put it in my pocket for safe keeping.

"I figured I'd go to aunt Lydia's in Newark or uncle Dave's in Jersey," she nodded

"Jersey is your best bet," she rasped

"I gotta make a call," I told her

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other end of the line seemed to ring forever before someone picked up.

"Hello,"

"Stop trying to find me,"

"Y/N," Nick said startled

"Yeah," I breathed

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I promise, if you come home I'll tell you everything, even if it gets me in trouble, I just want you and our little one home, please," he sobbed

"Its a boy," I mumbled

I heard him gasp on the other end and sob slightly.

"Please," he whispered

"Goodbye Nick," I could hear him protesting as I hung up

With my head held high, I walked to my aunt, gave her a hug goodbye and left.

Nothing but me and my baby.

With Nick far behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

Hope everyone had a great day and/or night, thank god its finally the weekend. I'm also planning on making a schedule for updates, so if anyone has any ideas about which days I should post, let me know.

Also comment and let me know if you liked or hated this chapter, it really helps.

Hope you guys enjoy
Stay safe