chapter 5

I walked up to Y/N at the call center desk, watching quietly as she filled out some paperwork.

"Yes Sheriff," she asked lazily

"Wanted see how you were doin," I leaned on the desk with crossed arms

She sighed loudly.

"You've asked me that every night for two weeks straight and for the last time, I'm ok," she giggled

Two weeks is all the longer she had been working this job but it was the best for her. I could keep her here, safe, under my watchful eye. And trust me, I'm always watching her.

"I just wanted to make sure," I chuckled back

She stood up from the desk, her chunky cardigan falling around her and leaned into my face.

"Why so worried? Afraid I'll fall for some cop and leave you lonely," she taunted with a smirk

I glared harshly and growled under my breath before slapping the desk, making her jump and step back. I stormed off, pissed at the thought and went back to my office with her yelling to me that she was just teasing. The damage was done.

Shes insane if she thinks I'll let her leave, ever.

I'll kill her before she does.

I'll just have to insure that she doesn't leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slammed into Y/N one more time, finishing with a moan and falling on top of her slightly. She wrapped her arms around my head and kissed the side of it, running her fingers through my hair and rubbing my back.

"Do you want kids," I asked her suddenly rolling off of her

She looked at me like I was nuts, her brow furrowed and lips pursed.

"What brought that up," she asked confused

"I was just wondering," I shrugged, feigning nonchalance

"I mean I guess I do, I could imagine a little bit of me and someone I love running around," she pondered

"Me too," I looked at her longingly

She didn't notice, instead she stood up from her bed, pulling on my shirt and leaving the room.

I laid back with my arms folded behind my head, wondering how our life would go. I needed to get her out of this dump for sure, I know she loved it but Shadyside is no place to raise out family.

Which she would be doing most of the work, after all, she'll be a stay at home mom for our kids and my loving wife.

I smiled as she came back into the room, holding a few drinks and a plate of dinner from that night.

Sitting down, she held out the glass of orange juice and put the plate between us. We talked as we munched, I occasionally kissed her fingers when she'd give me a bite and she'd smile a little bit.

Life would be good for us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It'll be good for us to spend a night apart," she said to me, rubbing my shoulder

I pouted and looked away. Her friends had asked her to go out for some drinks and she accepted. I can't really blame her as she needed a night off but I couldn't be there since i had a shift.

"Fine, just be safe," I sighed

She beamed and with a smile, a kiss and a wave, she was gone. Skipping out the door and out for the night.

At least with her gone, I could go through with my plan. I had thought of a way to get her out of that house and into mine.

I made sure she had pulled away with her friends before springing into action. I grabbed my keys and hauled ass to my car, making sure no one was watching me.

I parked two blocked from her house and ran in backyards, scaling fences and finally making it to her yard. I broke the back window and climbed in.

I walked into the kitchen, remembering the first time I was ever in here and smiled.

I'll miss this place.

Kinda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N ran up beside me, her eyes filled with tears and ran into my arms. We watched as the fire department tried to tame the raging inferno, with no sign of the flames backing down.

"What happened," she cried

I just held her tighter, her cries breaking my heart, especially since I was the one to blame for this.

"I have no home," she whimpered

"You're home is with me," I whispered to her softly

She sniffled and held me tighter. We relaxed as the fire went out and held hands as the fire chief came over and talked to us, something about a curling iron being left on and set against some napkins. The batteries were dead in the smoke alarms so by the time that they found out, the fire was uncontrollable.

"I turned it off, I know I did," she argued with me in the car later

"Maybe you did and then accidentally turned it back on," I shrugged

"What if it wasn't an accident," she said suddenly

I snapped my head to her.

"What do you mean," I demanded

"What if someone broke in and started the fire," she explained

"I think they would've noticed," I made sure that they wouldn't

"But what if someone could," she argued

"It was an accident," she rolled her eyes

"But,"

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT," I suddenly screamed

I slammed on my breaks in the middle of the road, sending her flying forward slightly before being flung back into the seat with wide terrified eyes.

"It was an accident and thats all," I repeated myself firmly

"Understand," she nodded with tears in her eyes

"Good," and with that, I took us home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched her sleep in my bed, one leg laying on top of the covers, lips slightly parted and her hair spread across the pillows.

I made sure she was asleep as I snuck over to her purse and started to rummage through it.

I went silent when she stirred a bit, before relaxing when she turned over. I kept my eye on her as I found what I wanted and walked out into the hall and into the bathroom.

I lifted the toilet seat up and dumped he birth control in, watching it twirl into the water and out of sight as I flushed. I hid the evidence before joing her back in the bed.

Life for us was starting to look good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

Sorry for the late update, it's been a very busy day and night and I finally found some time.

Hope you guys enjoy
Stay safe❤