drowning

Summary: You are having a movie night with your best friend when you fall asleep and have a nightmare about you drowning. You wake up having a panic attack and Rafe is there for you.

Warnings: Mentions of drowning, panic attack.

Requested by @kprinc9983

-

Today me and my best friend Rafe were having a movie night like we always have every week. We were laying in bed next to each other while he was scrolling through movies.

"What do you think of Suicide Squad?" He asked.
"Sounds good." I said.

-

I was starting to get tired so I rested my head on his shoulder making him wrap an arm around me and pull me closer to him. He rested his head on top of mine as I slowly started to fall asleep.

I was at the dock, me, Sarah, Rafe, Topper and Wheezie were all sitting down, Rafe then walked up behind me and started tickling me making me get up and try to push him away, he continued to tickle me and I lost my balance and fell into the water, everything went blank. I was now watching everything as a 3rd person pov. Rafe laughed but his laugh faded when he realized I wasn't back up yet. He jumped in and grabbed my unconscious body and pulled on top of the door.
"Come one Y/N please wake up!" He shouted as tears started forming in his eyes. He saw that I didn't have a pulse and that my chest wasn't rising up and down, I was gone. Rafe broke down as he help my body in his arms.

I shot up from Rafe's arms starting to hyperventilate, I looked around and saw that I was in his bed and not in the water.

"Hey, hey what's going on?" I heard Rafe's muffled voice behind me.

My vision was starting to get blurry making me panic even more.

"Y/N." I heard him call.
"What's going on?" He asked at looked at him.
"Pa..panic a..attack." I mumbled.
"Come here." He said pulling me into his chest.

My head was on his chest listening to his heartbeat and he gently stroked my hair trying to calm me down.

"Feeling any better?" He asked kissing the top of my head.
"Yeah." I said pulling away.
"You sure?" He asked.
"Yeah it was just a nightmare." I sighed.
"Wanna talk about it?" He asked.
"I was drowning and you tried to save me but." I started as tears started forming in my eyes.

He pulled back into his chest and rocked me side to side calming me down.

"It's okay, it was just a dream." He said softly.
"You're okay." He said kissing the top of my head.

He then turned off the movies and opened the cover for us to get in. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him. He was spooning me, one of his arms under my neck slowly playing with my hair making me peacefully fall back asleep.