I could do better - drew starkey

Summary: You played and directed your own movie and decide to show Rudy's girlfriend Elaine to get her opinion since the two of you became friends. You hear her talking to Rudy on the phone saying how bad it was and that she could do better then you did making you feel insecure. After she leaves you sob, Drew comes home from handing out with Rudy and JD and finds you sobbing on the living room floor and comforts you.

Warnings: Bringing the reader down.

-

I was sitting on the couch with Elaine, I was showing her the movie that I made with some friends, I though about it as a joke but it became better then I expected. Since I watched the movie Midsommar I got a little inspiration form the part where Dani is sobbing and the Swedish woman sob with her making her feel better.

The 'movie' was called Emotions. It was about a girl that was in a relationship and her boyfriend was really abusive, she though she loved him but she didn't, it was all an illusion in her head. She goes through all the stage of a breakup which are kind of similar to the ones of grief. I filmed the movie in a theater, it was mute, the only sounds where crying and screaming from my character and the others, when we talked the captions would appear on the sides.

Drew was with Rudy and JD since they wanted to have a boys day, which they would just play video games.

Elaine finished watching it and placed my laptop on the coffee table.

"Sooo?" I asked.
"It's really good!" She smiled making me sigh in relief.
"Thank you." I smiled.

I then got up since I had to go to the bathroom. As I washed my hands I heard talking and I knew it was Elaine and she was most likely on the phone and I didn't bother.

"Like it looks so stupid." I heard her laugh form the bathroom.

I slowly opened the door and try to listen if she was talking about me.

"Like it's a bunch of girls screaming and crying." She laughed.

My heart shattered as I realized what was going on.

"I could do it much better." She said.

I took a deep breath and then made my way back to my living room. She had already hanged up.

"So I have to go, my friend needs my help with something." She said getting up and grabbing her things.
"Alright." I fake smiled.
"Bye." She said walking out the door.

I didn't even bother saying bye to her. I sat on the floor next to my couch and pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, as I heard the whole conversation again tears began to form in my eyes and I hid my face on my knees and started sobbing.

-

I heard the front door open, Drew was home. I took a deep breath and dried my tears as he came in.

"Hey baby." He said closing and locking the door.
"Hi." I whined, shit it wasn't supposed to come out like that!
"Baby why are you all curled up on the floor?" He asked walking towards me.

I couldn't hold them anymore, as He walked closed to me, I looked up at his face and started sobbing again making him worried. I hid my face back on my knees as he quickly knelt done in front of me.

"Baby what's wrong?" He asked, worry in his voice.

He wrapped his arms around my body slowly rocking me side to side trying to calm me down. I took my head from my knees making him pull away and stay in front of me. He placed both his hands on each side of my face and wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"What happened?" He asked softly.
"I was showing Elaine the movie." I said taking a deep breath.
"Deep breaths keep going." He said.
"And she said she liked it and then I went to the bathroom." I said looking up at the ceiling as I felt more tears form in my eyes.
"It's okay, take your time." He said caressing one of my cheeks making me lean into his touch.
"I was coming back and she was on the phone with someone and she said that it was stupid and that she could do it much better then me." I cried.
"Shhh, it's okay. Ignore her she just doesn't have taste for movies. What you made is amazing, I loved it." He said pulling me into his lap and holding me like I was a child.

I then heard my phone ring and I grabbed it and guess who it was drum roll please.

Ladies, gentlemen and non-binary people please welcome.

The one and only.

Bitch that I now hate the most.

Elaine!!!!

Why the fuck was she calling me?

"Let me answer that." Drew said grabbing my phone.
"Hello you've reached Y/N Y/L/N voicemail, please leave a message." He said making a weird accent making me smile.
"Ahm hi I just wanted to know when you wanted to hang out again." I head Elaine say.
"Thank you for your message, but sadly that won't be possible, see you next time, or not." Drew said hanging up making me laugh.

We both laughed as he wiped the tears I had on my cheeks.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me.
"Better now that you're here." I smiled at him.
"Glad to hear that." He smiled leaning down and pressing a gently kiss to my forehead.
"Come on I want to watch your movie again!" He said picking me up and sitting me on the couch.

I though he was joking but he wasn't, we actually ended up watching my movie again, I think one of the main reasons he loved it it's because of how many emotions I go through in just half an hour.

And I loved how focused he looked while watching it, it made me feel proud of my work and happy that one of the people I loved the most liked it.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked looking at me.
"Because I love how you're so into it." I said.
"And I love you." He said kissing the tip of my nose.
"I love you too." I smiled as I leaned in and pressed a peck on his lips.