Little!Wilbur + cg!niki

Tw: wilbur gets lost for a bit

Wiiiill?" Niki called out, looking around the cost of the water. "Where are you?"

Wilbur giggled against his hands, hiding in the walls of her beautiful grotto, admiring how Niki crafted it.

Niki huffed in fake frustration and entered her grotto, "I suppose he was just too short for me to find."

"Am not!"

"Are too!" Niki laughed

Wilbur came out of the wall, quickly going to the top of the grotto where there was air, "'m tall!!"

Niki smiled, "With legs."

"With legs!"

"I'm taller with tail, Will."

"That- that's!!" Wilbur grumbled and pouted.

Niki laughed and came closer, "well, technically, you're higher now."

Wilbur took a moment, then gasped, "I'm so tall!!"

Niki swam to the top then splashed Wilbur before going back down.

"Hey!" Wilbur called out.

"Your turn!" She waved, "No cheating!"

Wilbur whined and turned around to face a corner, counting. Once he got to 8, he went and started looking for her.

Wilbur looked under the rocks where he could without going ghost into them. He pouted more every time he came up for air, eventually getting out of the water, shaking away the cold night air, then went into the ground to look for her.

He found Niki and "unghosted" right in front of her.

"Oh Christ- Wilbur!" She placed a hand over her chest, then laughed, "Didn't I say no-" she frowned at Wilbur's face, which was scrunched up in frustration, then helped Wilbur to the surface, "what's wrong?"

Wilbur pouted, "I lost you."

Niki took a moment then snorted, "that's-" she shook her head to try to stop laughing, "Wilbur- that's the point."

Wilbur took a moment, "oh."

Niki laughed and hummed, "so you like me finding you better?"

"Mhm."

Niki smiled, "okay.. I have a little idea."

"For what?"

"To make this a little bit more fun for both of us."

Niki guided Wilbur to the Pub, then swam up the stream.

Wilbur met her at the tank. He smiled at her, waving, then pouted as the sun started coming up, "nooo."

"It's okay." She nodded, "okay, so.. you're gonna go invisible, then I'm gonna guess where you are."

"Where's Wilbur!" Wilbur gasped.

"Where's Will?" Wilbur immediately went invisible as she said that.

She began guessing where Wilbur was, intentionally getting it wrong so Wilbur could giggle without fear. They continued to play different games all day, even after Wilbur was big again, just enjoying each other's company.