(Year 3) Chapter-3

Harry was woken up by Tom the next morning

Harry was woken up by Tom the next morning. Harry was about to tell Ron about what he heard Mr Weasley telling Mrs Weasley but got intrupted by Fred and George, who had looked in Harry's room to congratulate Ron on infuriating Percy again.

They headed down to breakfast, where Mr Weasley was reading his newspaper and Mrs Weasley was telling Elara, Hermoine and Ginny about a Love Potion she'd made as a young girl. All four of them rather giggly. Elara looked up and gave Harry her famous smile causing his stomach to churn pleasantly but still smiled back.

''What were you saying?'' Ron asked snapping Harry to look away from Elara, as they sat down.

''Later,'' Harry muttered as Elara joined the two boys with Hermoine.

Harry had no chance to speak to Ron or Elara or Hermoine in the chaos of leaving. A small wickerwork basket stood beside the heap of trunks, spitting loudly.

''Its's alright, Crookshanks,'' Hermoine cooed through the basket. ''I will let you out on the train while Elara can release Belle.''

Elara looked at her white cat in her wickerwork basket and nodded.

''You won't,'' Ron snapped pointing at his pocket where Scabbers was curled up. ''What about Scabbers, eh?''

Mr Weasley, who had been waiting for the cars, stuck his head inside.

''They're here,'' he said. ''Harry, come on.''

Mr Weasley marched Harry to car driven by a furtive- looking wizard.

''In you get, Harry,'' said Mr Weasley, glancing around.

Harry got into the back of the car, and was shortly joined by Elara, Hermoine, Ron and, to Ron's disgust, Percy. 

The journey to King's Cross was very uneventful compared to Harry's trip on the Knight Bus. 

Mr Weasley kept close to Harry's elbow all the way into the station.

''Right then,'' he said, glancing around them. ''Let's do this in pairs, as there are so many of us. I'll go first with Harry.''

Mr Weasley strolled towards the barrier between platforms nine and ten, pushing Harry's trolley and apparently very interested in the InterCity 125 that had just arrived at platform nine. With a meaningful look at Harry, he leant casually against the barrier. Harry imitaded him.

   Next moment, they had fallen sideways through the solid metal onto platform nine and three- quarter and looked up to see the Hogwarts Express, packed with wizards and witches seeing their children on the train.