(Year 5) Chapter-7

Harry awoke at half-past five the next morning as abruptly and completely as if somebody had yelled in his ear

Harry awoke at half-past five the next morning as abruptly and completely as if somebody had yelled in his ear. For a few moments he lay immobile as the prospect of the disciplinary hearing filled every tiny particle of his brain, then, unable to bear it, he leapt out of bed and put on his glasses. Elena had laid out his freshly laundered jeans and T-shirt at the foot of his bed. Harry scrambled into them. The blank picture on the wall sniggered.

Ron was lying sprawled on his back with his mouth wide open, fast asleep. He did not stir as Harry crossed the room, stepped out on to the landing and closed the door softly behind him. Trying not to think of the next time he would see Ron, when they might no longer be fellow students at Hogwarts, Harry walked quietly across the corridor.

''Hey,'' Harry heard from his left. Turning around, he saw Elara closing her room door, dressed. She smiled at him and walked next to him. Harry returned the smile. ''You alright?'' 

''Yeah, just a bit nervous though,'' Harry replied, interwinding his hand with her and the two walked together. Elara stopped and gently placed a kiss on his lips that Harry immediately returned as he smiled in the kiss. 

''Everything will work out,'' Elara encouraged as she stepped away and smiled at him. ''Just have faith, yeah?''

''Yeah,'' Harry smiled looking at his girlfriend with love and fondness. 

The two teens walked towards the kitchen, expecting it to be empty, but when they reached the door they heard the soft rumble of voices on the other side. Harry pushed it open and saw Elena, Damon, Stefan, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Sirius, Lupin, and Tonks sitting there almost as though they were waiting for him. All were fully dressed except Mrs. Weasley, who was wearing a quilted purple dressing gown. She leapt to her feet the moment Harry and Elara entered.

''Breakfast,'' she said as she pulled out her wand and hurried over to the fire. Elara walked inside and gave her parents and uncles hugs and good mornings.

''M-m-morning, Lara, Harry,'' yawned Tonks. Her hair was blonde and curly this morning. Elara gave her cousin a hug that she returned happily. ''Sleep all right?''

''Yeah,'' said Harry.

''I've b-b-been up all night,'' she said, with another shuddering yawn. ''Come and sit down....''

She drew out a chair, knocking over the one beside it in the process.

''You should rest, Nymphie,'' Elara said as she took her toast and chocolate muffin and sat down next to Tonks as Harry sat next to her.

''Yeah,'' yawned Tonks tiredly.

''What do you want, Harry?'' Elena called. ''Porridge? Muffins? Kippers? Bacon and eggs? Toast?''

''Just--just toast, thanks,'' said Harry.

Lupin glanced at Harry, then said to Tonks, ''What were you saying about Scrimgeour?''

''Oh... yeah... well, we need to be a bit more careful, he's been asking Kingsley and me funny questions....''