(Year 4) Chapter-4

Elara felt as though she had barely lain down to steep in Ginny's room when she was being shaken awake by her mother

"Time to go, sweetheart," she whispered, moving away to wake Ginny and Hermione.

Elara rubbed her eyes looking around as she sat up. It was still dark outside. Ginny muttered indistinctly as Elena roused her. The three girls started getting ready as Mrs Weasley woke the boys who slept in Ron's room.

"'S time already?" said Fred groggily.

The boys dressed in silence, too sleepy to talk, then, yawning and stretching, the four of them headed downstairs into the kitchen.

Mrs. Weasley was stirring the contents of a large pot on the stove, Elena helping her, while Mr. Weasley was sitting at the table, checking his clothes as Damon was checking a sheaf of large parchment tickets. They  looked up as the boys entered and Mr Weasley spread his arms so that they could see his clothes more clearly. He was wearing what appeared to be a golfing sweater and a very old pair of jeans, slightly too big for him and held up with a thick leather belt.

"What d'you think?" he asked anxiously. "We're supposed to go incognito - do I look like a Muggle, Harry? Damon said it looked good." Damon nodded who was wearing a leather jacket and pants (the typical Damon look). 

"Yeah," said Harry, smiling, "very good."

"Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" said George, failing to stifle a huge yawn.

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" said Mrs. Weasley, heaving the large pot over to the table and starting to ladle porridge into bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in."

Harry knew that Apparating meant disappearing from one place and reappearing almost instantly in another, but had never known any Hogwarts student to do it, and understood that it was very difficult.

"So they're still in bed?" said Fred grumpily, pulling his bowl of porridge toward him. "Why can't we Apparate too?"

"Because you're not of age and you haven't passed your test," snapped Mrs. Weasley.

''Where is Elara?'' Harry asked but quickly added on seeing Damon's narrowed eyes on him. ''A-and the other g-girls too.''

''Looking for us?'' an angelic voice said from behind him which Harry can recognize anywhere. Turning around, he saw Elara and the other girls coming down the stairs, completely dressed, though sleep was visible in there eyes. Elara flashed Harry a warm smile before passing him and reaching to her dad as she kissed Damon's cheeks and muttered a good morning that Damon returned cheerfully.

Everyone then sat around the table to start the breakfast.

"You have to pass a test to Apparate?" Harry asked.

"Oh yes," said Mr. Weasley, tucking the tickets safely into the back pocket of his jeans. "The Department of Magical Transportation had to fine a couple of people the other day for Apparating without a license. It's not easy, Apparition, and when it's not done property it can lead to nasty complications. This pair I'm talking about went and splinched themselves."