Chapter 2

Last Chapter...

WWX: Hah! Finally... That damn object has been destroyed. *died*

Deity: Oh, honey... That was just the part 1.

Deity: I'm free!!! OMG!! It's been so long! C'mon! Let's get this leg kicking!!

Also Deity: AHHH! A ghost! *squint* Holy- that's the kid!! Quick! I gotta save the brat!!!

LWJ in the bg: I'm just strolling around. Looking for someone.

Deity: What's that moving white thing? Huh?? Ah! A trick of the light! Got it!

WWX: *awake*

Deity: *introduction*

WWX: *passed out in the middle of the intoduction*

Deity: yoU'VE gOt TO bE kiDDinG mE...!!

Deity: I'll help you.

WWX: What help?? diD I aSK fOR yOuR hELp biAtcH???!!??

Deity: *raises brow* No. I gotta do what I want, you get no say. :]

Looking for a lover that just died. Help me find him, almighty spirits!

Lan Xichen went back to the Cloud Recesses. He goes straight to the Jingshi, where his brother is currently serving his punishment. He knocked on the door and announced his presence.

Lan Wangji cannot really go and open the door for him because of his injuries, therefore, he just waited for his brother to come in.

"Wangji, ah..." Lan Xichen started.

Lan Wangji really did not want to answer his brother after knowing that he went with the others to lead a siege against Wei Wuxian.

Lan Xichen took his silence as his way of listening. He said, "He's dead."

Lan Wangji looks completely impassive outside but internally he is weeping. Wei Ying... Oh, Wei Ying. Why? No, I do not believe it. Xiongzhang... why? Why did you go with the others? Have I not been clear when I said that there are no armies there? There is even a child, Xiongzhang...! Are you going to tell me that you even murdered a child? No... Wei Ying...

Lan Xichen, of course, noticed the internal grief of Lan Wangji. He patted his hands softly, careful not to hurt his brother more than he already has. Feeling as if Lan Wangji needed a moment alone, he left the Jingshi quietly.

The moment Lan Xichen left, Lan Wangji shed a tear. He resolved to himself that he will go to the Burial Mounds to find Wei Wuxian.

...Or any remnants of Wei Wuxian.

He dressed carefully, wincing every time the fabric met the bandaged skin. He left the Jingshi with his sword in hand and guqin at his back.

He flinched hard every time the guqin pressed heavily on his back, but he is still determined to go to what has been left of Wei Wuxian's lair.

Lan Wangji fly using Bichen from Cloud Recesses to Burial Mounds.

By the time he landed, he was almost depleted of his energy. Lan Wangji looked everywhere to find any signs of Wei Wuxian lurking around. He even used inquiry.

Wei Ying?

Wei Ying? Can you hear me?

Please...

Answer me, Wei Ying...

Where are you?

I'm sorry.

I'm not by your side during the siege, Wei Ying. I'm sorry.

I regret it, really. Wei Ying, please, are you here?

I-I should have helped you.

I should have been with you.

I should have- I should have...

I should have confessed to you earlier.

Please, Wei Ying. Come back?

I promise I'll be by your side this time.

I promise I'll always look at you.

Please. Come back?

Come back, Wei Ying.

I love you...

He played inquiry until his fingers bled. Until one spirit came, asking for something. Lan Wangji being a proper cultivator asked what it wants. The spirit then asks him to look in the tree stump. Lan Wangji is slightly confused but still accepted the inquire. He then asks for its name.

The spirit said, "Just call me Wen-Popo."

Lan Wangji slightly widened his eyes and released the spirit and looked in the tree stump. He, then, noticed Wen Yuan. He held Wen Yuan closer to him and checked for his pulse. Seeing that Wen Yuan is alive made some of Lan Wangji's tension melt because although it is not Wei Wuxian he found, he still found the one thing that Wei Wuxian held close to himself. He felt as if he was filled with relief yet not.

He touched Wen Yuan's forehead and deemed it really hot. He caught on a high fever. Lan Wangji thought.

He hugged Wen Yuan close and kissed his forehead when the child began whimpering. "It's alright. You'll be alright. I'll take care of you." He hummed the song he shared only for Wei Wuxian to Wen Yuan. It's A-Yuan. Only A-Yuan will get to know this song and Wei Ying. A-Yuan is Wei Ying's son in all but blood. Now, I will take care of your son Wei Ying, beloved. I will take care of our son.

Lan Wangji took Wen Yuan out with him and look at the Burial Mounds once more.

Lan Xichen saw Lan Wangji went out of the Cloud Recesses. He sighed and waited for him to come back.

Lan Wangji notices his brother waiting for him. He landed swiftly on the ground.

Lan Xichen did not question his leaving, but he did have a question regarding the child in his arms. "Wangji, who is this?"

"Yuan. My son."

Lan Xichen's smile is small but still pleasant yet his left eye unnoticeably twitched. He internally thought, Wangji, ah. How could that be possible? This child is about 4-5! Haah, is this Master Wei's, then? Wait..! No, no. He is of the same age as his brother.

He sighed, "Alright, then. Your son. What would be his courtesy name?"

Lan Wangji thoughtfully looked at the child in his arms. "Sizhui. Lan Sizhui. Lan Yuan."

Lan Xichen clapped his hands once and look sad and knowingly at Lan Wangji. "Lan Yuan. Lan Sizhui. Nice name."

He held the child's-now named, Lan Sizhui-little hand and said, "Welcome to the family, Xiao-Sizhui."

Lan Wangji said nothing and goes to the Jingshi. Lan Sizhui was given to his brother and asked him to go bring the child to a healer. "He's burning up."

Lan Xichen left with the sleeping Lan Sizhui.

Once Lan Wangji was alone, he cried quietly. Soon enough, sleep came to his exhausted body.

If he felt that something was pulling him while he was sleeping, well, due to exertion, he cannot fight it. 

Note:

I'm sorry it's too short!!!
I have a test tomorrow, that's why...
I really need to ace this...!!

Don't worry! The next chapter will probably be long, but it will take time!!! <3<3