~2~ (edited)

"Ughhh" y/n whined, picking up her things to leave the class. Meruem glanced curiously at you, his stinger swishing back and forth.

"Why do you say that?" 

You smiled slightly at his behaviors, "Because every time I go to this dumb class I never understand anything, I'm so fucking bad at math."

"Oh, I see." Meruem went silent for a moment before continuing, "I have observed that humans seem to struggle with some sort of academic principal, do you know why that is?" 

"Probably because there's always something more fun then your + mom = sexy woman, or whatever we're learning." You joked, Meruem seemed slightly confused by the humor, but understood the overall message with a nod. 

Although he found it hard to relate in this sense.

He's never needed to practice academic skills to just understand them, he could read them and then preform the abilities so skillfully that it was like breathing to him. He wanted to learn more about not being able to store information, it astonished him for some reason. "Perhaps I could help you learn it," he suggested, you tilted your head.

"You're good at math?" You asked, him seeming offended by your implication. "NONO OH MY GOD I WASN'T SAYING I THINK YOU'RE DUMB-" You insisted, "You just seem like you'd be better with literature based classes." You explained frantically, Meruem giggled almost inaudibly.

"While it is true that I have well-off skills in literature based classes, there is not a subject that I particularly excel in more than the next - nor is there one that I face struggles with," He responded, soliciting an odd facial expression that he's never faced before.

"Ooooo, so you're a big nerd?" You teased with a small laugh, the Ant just 🧍‍♀️ing.

"Whatever you wish to call it does not concern me, but do you wish to take up the offer I mentioned?" He detered, a large smile pulling at the corners of your mouth.

"Yeah, sure. I trust you to be a good tutor!" 

The two of you left the class, meeting Komugi in the hallway. "Well. This is my next class, Meruem. I'll see you later!" You said before walking into History class with Komugi.

You sat down with you friend, who wriggled her eyebrows at you. "OooooOoOoOoooooo~ You and Meruem seemed to be suuUUUuuper close!" She teased, you rolled you eyes and elbowed her.

"Hey, it's not like that. We're just friends,"

"Are you suuuuuure~?" She irked, you just brushed it off and giggled at your friend's silliness.

.

.

.

The rest of the school day went by painfully slow, the final bell of the day releasing all of your pent up stress from the day. You sighed, making your way to your locker and throwing your bag over your shoulder, stretching your free arm up in the air with a yawn.