~3~ (edited)

(I'm not showcasing any learning of algebruh because I literally suck donkey ass at math irl so yeah, time skip hoes)

.

.

.

You stretched your arms up into the air, yawning as Meruem closed his book. "Thank you Meruem, I appreciate the help," you said, finishing out your nice stretch before slouching down, almost resembling a goblin the way you were sitting.

Meruem shook his head, "It was the least I could do for a friend," he said, your face lighting up  before you jokingly punched his arm.

"I see that someone is undergoing some character development!" You joked, Meruem shaking his head with a small smile.

"Ooooo first Meruem smile!" 

You fell into a comforting silence, the two of you just enjoying each other's presence. It wasn't heavy, neither did it feel obligated. Your minds raced off into their own thoughts, subconsciously taking in every noise in your room. The fan buzzing, the pipes in the house running, the floors creaking upstairs.  

Meruem thought about your parents, especially your current father. He knew that he was only your stepdad, but your birth father was intriguing his mind. He had the urge to ask you what had happened, but at the same time it didn't feel like his place to bring it up.

Suddenly. As if you had read his mind, a plot convenience occurred and you broke the loud silence. .

"I like it when things are quiet like this," you stated, Meruem gazed over at you. Although, he didn't say anything. He opted to just listen to your words instead.

"The world is always so loud, it's like everyone's crazy. " You joked with a giggle. "Thank you, for enjoying some silence with me." You started, The ant nodding at you in agreance. "Y'know, when it's loud I get thinking of my dad. Not my stepfather, my other dad. Even though I don't think he deserves that title cause he's a worthless bastard," You joked.

Meruem noticed the direction of your speaking, he rested his chin on his hand and watched you as his tail swished back and forth. You chuckled, "I can tell that you're curious," you started, sighing.

"My dad, he was always just a bad person. One of his favorite hobbies was making me and my mother miserable, and dictating how I viewed people who were different than me." You rolled your eyes at the thought, "He was one of those crazy people who thought that Chimera Ants were the end of the world, and evil. But in turn, all he did was make humans a bit more evil than before. When I turned ten, he abandoned my mother and I to join some group of rednecks who lived in a garage-they called themselves the 'Exterminators' -cheesy, I know- They never killed a Chimera ant, but luckily they are all in prison now. After we learned he was locked away, I saw my now step dad heavily injured and laying in our yard. I brought him inside and the rest is history. Him and my mother fell in love and now I have a hyper-active brother."

Meruem sighed, you looked over at him. "It is sad how close-minded some humans can be, I am sorry about your father." He said, you smiled.