~4~ (edited)

"Oh come on sissy!" Ezekiel whined out, "I'm not even hungry! Let's play tag!" The pup insisted, his stomach growling loudly short thereafter. He bit his lip and looked off to the side guiltily, glancing back every so often to see your eyebrow raised to his blatant lies. He persisted, and stood there stubbornly, ignoring his stomachs cries for help.

You didn't say anything, Ezekiel pumping fist in the air in declaration, "Actually, I guess I am hungry! In order to remain as a strong pirate captain, I have to eat all my dinner!" The boy in the direction of the house, giggling and shouting things pirates would say on his way.

"Hey! Take your shoes off!" You shouted after him, your brother sticking his tongue out at you.

You sighed, looking over at Meruem. "He's a little brat sometimes," you complained, running after your little brother, Meruem chuckling.

.

.

"We're so sorry that we didn't ask you what you wanted Meruem! You guys just seemed to have so much fun playing that we couldn't bring ourselves to interupt," your mom said, patting Meruem's head like he was a dog or something-which was clearly something she was just used to doing by now.

Meruem shook his head quickly before speaking, "No, it is fine, I am not a picky eater." He assured, entering the dining room to see a vegetarian meal set out. Meruem sat down next to you, slowly waving his stinger around.

"I hope you don't mind, since we weren't sure what you wanted we just made this in case you don't eat meat," your mom smiled, the ant holding a dismisive hand in the air.

"Please, do not worry about me. I have already mentioned that I am not picky with my food," he repeated, your mom's face lighting up, her smile reminding him of you.

"You're such a sweet young man!" She gushed.

Meruem observed as your family socialized, a clear comfortable and warm atmosphere radiating out. That was one notable thing among many he could place on you, your ability to make anyone feel welcome was no surprise. Meruem noticed he has zoned out in thought, listening in on the current conversation.

"She's this tall! And her hair goes to her shoulders right here! And its red! And her eyes are green! And she is the only kid who plays with me at play time!" He rambled, everyone smiling at him.

"I'm so glad you got a friend at school honey, you should invite her for a play date some time," your dad suggested, Ezekiel gasping with wide eyes.

"That's such a good idea! I can't wait for school tomorrow!" He exclaimed, eating the broccoli on his plate.

You randomly snorted, everyone looking over at you. You tried waving them off, but they were all super curious. "No it's nothing, seriously," you insisted, but everyone persisted. You tried not to laugh, poking a peice of broccoli with your fork and holding it up to Meruem's face, Ezekiel laughing out loud as you parents acted like they saw nothing.

Meruem blushed, his cheeks and ears flushing a blue color. "Just because it is green does not mean that I look like it." He asserted.

"Ha~ha. Yeah right," you retorted, him turning his face away from you, slightly embarrassed. "Hey guys look, I'm eating Meruem," you joked, shoving the broccoli in your mouth.

Ezekiel was getting a kick out of it, your parents trying not to laugh. They decided to change the subject because they knew how you got when you started joking around. "Meruem, do you have any hobbies?" You mom asked, the boy turning his attention to her.

"I like to read." He said, she smiled.

"Ooooo. About what?"

"Human emotions." He said monoutnously

"Oh, so like psychology? Y/n is really interested in stuff like that. You could just ask her to tell you about it!" Your mom said, her remembering something, "She used to talk about getting into college to become a psychologist all the time, but after a while she stopped talking about it as much." She added.

"Well yeah, I have less time to focus on stuff that I like because of math class. I have to spend all my time on stupid, useless, math." You complained, your mom keeping her smiley demeanor.

"Practice makes perfect, darling!" She encouraged, your dad joining in on the support.

"Your mother's right! And even if you can't learn math well you still have a bunch of common sense, so that's what truly matters!" He said, you not being able to help but smile at them.

"Thanks guys,"

Meruem noted that your parents were always supportive and kind to you and your brother, recalling a bit more of his past than he'd like to.

As your parent and brother stated cleaning up. you looked over at Meruem who seemed to be bothered by something, you elbowed him playfully, his attention immediately falling into you. "Meruem, are you alright? Something seems to be bothering you?"

Meruem didn't say anything for a while, before sighing. "It is nothing of your concern really, I am just recalling things." He responded, looking forward.

"So what you mean to say is that you're dwelling on the past?" You interrogated, the ant shaking his head with a small chuckle.

"You are a lot more observant than you let on to be, do you read minds in your free time?" Meruem teased, a dramatic gasp escaping you.

"Was THAT a joke?! Did I just hear you make a joke Meruem? I never thought I'd see the day!" You dramatically exclaimed, Meruem squinting his eyes at you.

You giggled, "Sorry, sorry- I'm just teasing," the ant tilted his head.

"What does that mean?" He asked, you tilting your head to mirror his actions.

"What's what mean?"

"To tease someone," he said.

You got up, "Well," you started as you lead him into your room, "It's kind of like saying stuff to someone but you're just saying it to agitate them or fluster them, but it's not malicious, it's light-hearted." You explained, closing the door behind the two of you.

"I understand," he stated, putting a finger on his chin, "But what does it mean to be flustered?" He asked, you giggles at his questions. The two of you sat on your carpeted floor as you thought for a moment.

You smiled at his tail that swayed around curiously, knowing he was dying to hear your response. "It's kind of a feeling of embarrassment, and it can be felt in several types of situations. For example, when I compared you to a broccoli, you were feeling flustered. It can also be a feeling you have in romantic situations, like feeling a tingling in your stomach when around a person you really value. You can also be considered as flustered if you continously mess simple tasks up because somethings on your mind." You said, Meruem thinking silently for a moment.

"I understand."

For the rest of the evening, Meruem asked you question after question for hours - to which you responded..

To each and every single one of them.