~11~ (edited)

Life it great.

You cuddled your crush.

You kissed your crush.

You took a nap with your crush.

You had a tickle fight with your crush.

In fact, you are reading a book in the same room as your crush at this very moment.

But something is off, something has your mind's attention other than the book in your hand.

You looked over at Meruem who seemed lively, or rather- his tail did. He was sitting cross-legged and staring at the ceiling in thought, his mind revealed by the brisk movements of his stinger.

As much as you wanted to ask what was on his mind, you couldn't help but dwell upon what was on your own. You thought for a long moment, weighing the options in your head.

You could keep quiet, or ask the question.

"Hey Meruem, what are we?" You questioned, breaking the heavy silence. Meruem turned his full attention to you, tilting his head.

"An odd question, 'What are we,' what does it mean?" He responded, you giggled.

"Like, y'know. What are we? Like, are you my boyfriend now?"

Meruem raised an eyebrow. "'Boyfriend?' As in a boy that is your friend? If so, then yes. I have been this whole time." He said, giving you a soft smile.

You laughed, shaking your head. "This is going to be a bit hard to explain," You thought for a moment, "A boyfriend is a dude you're in a relationship with. Like the whole hugging and kissing thing, but we only do it to eachother. If you said yes, then I would be your girlfriend."

Meruem's face turned blue, "Oh, so it would be marriage?" He questioned, your eyes widening.

"NO-"

Meruem frowned, "So you do not wish to marry me?"

"NO- THAT'S NOT IT-" You assured, "It's just that people usually date for a couple years first," You explained, Meruem's demeanor lighting up.

"Ah, I get it." He stated, "So if you are my 'girlfriend," I will have you all to myself?"

You blushed, "Well. Yeah. That's like. The whole point."

Meruem smiled again, "Well yes, I do want to be your boyfriend,"

You internally died, not being able to stop a big goofy smile from plastering onto your face. You fell forward, hugging the now wide-eyed Meruem, (who eventually hugged back after he collected his thoughts.) "I really like you, you know that?" You questioned, Meruem's hand gently runing through your hair.

"Yes, I do." He started, "And I really like you too," He finished, something popping into your head.

"Hey, if you didn't know what dating was, then how'd you know what kissing was?" You asked, Meruem looking off to the side.

"I tried to research what my feelings were, and I saw humans 'kissing' as I looked. I looked up what it meant, and the definition was enough for me to go off of." He explained honestly, you laughed.

"What were you looking up? Did you come across porn?!" You teased, the ant hiding his face in your shoulder as you made fun of him.