~10~ (edited)

Meruem fell silent, prolonging your suffering. You decided to look at the ant, and noticed that he seemed to be pondering something - that curious stinger of his whipping around behind him.

Before you could utter a single word, or even begin to conjure a way interrogate him, he interrupted your racing mind. "How is it, that you comprehend whether you feel 'romantically' for another?" He questioned, his purple eyes shifting down, staring right into your own.

You sat silently, not daring to speak a word - but you watched as Meruem waited for an answer and sighed, giving in to his undying curiosity.

"Alright, I'll tell you..." You caved, rethinking every decision you've made in your entire life to reach this point.

"When you feel romantic attraction for someone - or rather - when you love someone, they are like your other half. They understand you in a different way than others can, and the same applies the other way around. When you love someone, you wanna be around them, and you want to know how they are and what they've been up to. You want to get to know them, and you want to stay with them for the rest if your life. When you love someone, it's as if no one else in the world exists besides that person you're thinking of." You explained, struggling to describe such a commonly-known thing as love.

As you had spoken, your eyes drifted off someplace else, probably to make the situation a little less humiliating than it already was. You were sitting in Meruem's lap facing him, his arms were wrapped around you, and his eyes were burning into you.

Meruem had gone silent, piquing your own curiosity. You returned you gaze at him, only to be met with lidded eyes with nothing in them but your reflection.

A blush invaded your face, the sight of Meruem basically eating you alive affecting you in a way you didn't want to think about.

The longer he stared, the thicker the fog in your mind became. You had heard about this, losing your ability to think critically in these situations, you had never believed it possible until now. You felt Meruem's grip tighten in the most gentle way possible, the ant treating you as if you were a glass doll.

Meruem pulled you into a gentle embrace, resting his nose in the crook of your neck. "If I weren't so afraid to scare you away, I would kiss you." He quietly admitted, your eyes going my wide, the statement freezing you in place.

You sat in awe, unsure of what to do or say. You knew you had to think quickly before Meruem thought you didn't like him though, so you acted in a state of panic.

You thought of the only thing you could do to express your feelings without having to say anything. You pulled away from the hug, cupping Meruem's cheeks in your hands and staring into his now widened eyes. You rubbed a thumb across his face that was slowly turning blue, smiling at how cute he was.

You leaned in and kissed him softly, feeling Meruem's hands grip onto you from behind. You felt as though the weight of an entire planet had been lifted from your shoulders, a shiver sneaking down your spine when the ant deepened the kiss.

The two of you stayed that way for an unknown amount of time, releasing all of your pent up desire onto each other. Your separate worlds slowly merged with the moment, both of you realizing something in heat of your own excitement.

You were going to be together for a very long time.

Eventually, Meruem pulled away, the two of you linking hands as you caught your breath.

Meruem flashed a toothless smile to you as always, beginning to fiddle with you hair. "I believe that my feelings for you are that of a strong romantic origin," he stated, a giggle escaping your lips.