~7~ (edited)

"How do you keep winning?" Meruem frowned, crossing his arms after holding a record for most losses in a game of Mario Kart.

"Maybe you're just not tallented enough~" You teased with a smug expression.

"I no longer wish to participate in this game with you," Meruem looked away from you with an almost pouty expression, laughter erupting from you.

"You're such a sore loser!" You stood, going over and poking Meruem's side. "I'm poking a big fat loser right now,"

Meruem ignored your teasing grumpily, taking a while before he loosened up and huffed softly in amusement. You were kind of surprised, giving that he didn't necessarily laugh all too much. "I do suppose I was being quite a child just now," He admitted, you frowned.

"Stop being self-aware, it makes it harder to bully you," You heard a meow from behind you, turning to see your cat waving his tail around. An image of Meruem popped into your head, "Hey look, I told you that you act like a cat!" you said, pointing to the feline.

Meruem peaked over your shoulder, noticing the movement in the cat's tail, "Is that really a habit of mine?"

You nodded, giggling a little, "Yes. When your curious, happy, or thinking. In fact, you're doing it right now," you pointed out, Meruem looking back at his stinger in surprise.

"I didn't even notice that it happened," he said, questioning his bodies reactions.

"You don't notice because you are doing it subconsciously. That relates to things you do all the time but don't have to think about. For instance, breathing. Your brain automatically makes you breathe, and you never think about it." You explained, Meruem nodding.

"Yes, I suppose that does make sense."

.
.

Your mom frowned at Meruem, holding his hand in both of hers, "Are you sure you don't want to stay here again? It was so great to have you!" She urged, Meruem holding up his free hand.

"No, I will be alright. I do not wish to overstay my welcome, and I also have people waiting for me back at home." He responded firmly, your mom shrinking.

"Oh, be on your way then. Sorry to keep you," she said sadly, your dad and Ezeikel both pouting too.

You rolled your eyes, "Ignore them, they're professional guilt-trippers." You said, Meruem grinned softly.

He believed what you said, but he just couldn't help but allow the guilt to get to him. "I can visit more in the future if you would like, so-"

"REALLY?!" Your mom interrupted, her eyes sparkling and all of the light returning to her. "Well if that's so, than go ahead and hurry home! Be safe! Don't get hurt! Don't be a stranger! Come back soo-"

"OKAY MOM. I think he gets it," you interrupted, your mom ignoring you and waving happily at the ant.

You walked with Meruem outside, closing the door behind you and sighing. "Sorry about them, they can be a bit much sometimes,"

Meruem shook his head, "It's alright. Your family is filled with quite refreshing personalities," he insisted, a smile settling on your face.

"Well, I'm glad you like them," you waved at him, "See ya later,"

"Goodbye, y/n," Meruem said, walking down the front door steps and walking down the sidewalk. You walked into your house, shutting the door and instantly being greeted with three pairs of squinting eyes.

You blinked in confusion.

"Is Meruem your boyfriend?" Your mom asked, your entire face flushing.

"What?! No! We just met the other day!" You defended, your mom raising an eyebrow.

"Alright, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you two definitely like each other." She teased, you covering your face and groaning.

.
.
.

"Y/n! Make sure you don't forget your lunch this time!" Your mom yelled from downstairs.

"I have it already, but thanks mom. I'm leaving, goodbye!" You called back as you walked down the stairs. You left your home, walking down the steps to your house.

You sleepily walked along the sidewalk, eyes barely even open. Last night you had remembered that you had an essay due today, so you ended up staying up super late to get it finished.

You weren't really paying attention to your surroundings, so when a certain ant crept up behind you and shook your shoulders your soul vomited out of your body through your ass.

"Got ya!" Pitou shouted before clutching his stomach and laughing.

You heard Pouf sigh, he held your shoulder and leaned over to look at your face. "Are you alright, Y/n?" He asked, you nodded and laughed too.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just wasn't paying attention," you assured, Pouf still seeming a but annoyed.

"Pitou, don't scare y/n like that, humans are very fragile!" He scolded, the cat rolled his eyes.

"Do you really think that y/n is a defenseless creature? C'mon Pouf. Give her a little credit," Pitou responded, you giggled.

"Don't fight you guys," you insisted. You turned around, Youpi and Meruem were walking behind you.

"Hi Youpi! Hi Meruem! What's uUuuuuUuaAap-" You said, yawning through your words.

Pitou laughed at the way you sounded, you chuckled a bit too.

"We are walking to school," Meruem responded, you nodded.

"Well yeah, no shit," You said, turning around and continuing to walk with the ants.

"You seem tired, did something happen?" Meruem asked, you groaned at the thought of it.

"Last night I remembered that I forgot to write an essay, so I stayed up until 2 AM trying to write it." You responded, Pouf gasping.

"Oh my, it's a bad idea to do things sleep deprived, isn't it? I've heard of humans dying from sleep deprivation!" Pouf dramatically wiped a tear, the other ants tensing up.

"Wait, you can really die from not sleeping?! You should go home!" Pitou exclaimed.

"Yes, I agree with Pitou. It would be undesirable for you to die," Meruem agreed, you giggled.

"I can only die from sleep deprivation if I am deprived of rest for weeks straight, I still slept, just not a lot." You explained, everyone around you calming down.

"So you aren't gonna die?" Pitou questioned.

"No, I'm not gonna die," You responded, a large smile now on Pitou's face.

"That's awesome!"