5

Day - 2

It's my 2nd day as Veda. Every time I wake up in the morning I always wished I was back at my home. Everything was unrealistic except the love I am receiving from 'her' parents. I wish she was alive.
Today 'her' mother wanted to take me to the palace. She said 'I' always used to accompany her to her work. Maybe it's all a part of treatment, making me visit the places that 'I' have been before. But I know it's of no use because I'm not 'her'.
Anyways I'll get to see a palace without paying any entry ticket thankfully.

We both headed towards the Palace. There was a general checking for security purposes. The garden was so beautiful even the infrastructure of the palace was amazing.
How did they even build it?. I mean it's not like they have some big machinery in this time period.
All the time she had a slight frown on her face. She just followed her mother. She took her to the queen's room. There she is, The Queen. Her royal garments, the jewelry, they all made her look like a goddess. Veda was just amazed looking at the person standing before her. But she did not let any expression show up on her face. Everything felt like dream. Her mother greeted the Queen but she just stood there, frozen.
Her mother elbowed her and gestured her to pay her gratitude towards The Queen.
Soon she came to her senses and joined her hands for greeting but she couldn't find the correct words to say so she kept quiet. The Queen was blindfolded but still understood the young lady's dilemma and smiled at her and said, "How are you, child? It's been a long time since we last met".
We met?
"I heard about your condition. I'm very sorry dear. But I can assure you that best of best doctors of Hastinapur will be assigned to you. After all, it is the King's command."

Looking at the Queen's kind heart Veda felt so happy. Unknowingly a smile formed on her face.

"Thank you for your concern Maharani. I feel grateful for that ".

The Queen smiled at her.

Renuka asked her daughter to wait outside the room for a while.
She nodded and moved out accordingly. Renuka started grooming the Queen. Maharani Gandhari asked Renuka about how Veda is doing after that terrible experience. Renuka explained the change in her behavior, the way she talks, the way she eats especially about her increase in appetite, and also how fastly she is completing her work and helping her in the kitchen. The Queen was mesmerized with her sudden change but deep down even she was worried about her.

Meanwhile, our genius was exploring the halls of the palace and was appreciating the fine sculpture. She kept both her hands behind her back and was selflessly walking like a kid. She was waiting outside for like 10 mins, but she felt like hours. It's been a long since she hasn't used her powers. Seeing no one in the hall she started running with full speed. Soon she reached the garden and stop. Everything was frozen in her time zone she saw beautiful flowers, butterflies, small creatures, dew drops, rabbits, arrows, and....wait arrows? Her eyes widened when she saw an arrow moving towards a rabbit. She quickly changed the direction of the arrow and stood behind a pillar.

She saw two people running towards the rabbit. One was relieved to see the rabbit was unharmed while the other seemed a bit disappointed. "Vikarn, I told you not to harm innocent animals for your practice" the voice was familiar and so is the owner. She knew something was off since their first meet. Don't ask how? She just felt it. It was Suraj. No. Karn. Angraj Karn. But she wasn't disappointed with them lying to her.
Well what was she doing all the time then. Wicked smirk.
They were just doing their job and they didn't even try to harm her.
Well, their conversation wasn't that good but Karn tried to keep up his patience and left quietly.

So if he's Karna then the other guy must be Duryodhan. Fair enough.

She left that place and tried to avoid busy places of the palace and just in few seconds she explored the whole place and came back to the Queen's room. She leaned on the wall putting her hands behind her back looking down at her feet.