27

He is my son indeed...

There were days when Gautam used to hide and watch Karna doing his work.
He found it amusing to see a great warrior struggling with a TV remote.

Slowly a warmth feeling arouse in his heart.
"That's my dad...

The one who changed his destiny because he didn't like it, the one who proved that being called weak doesn't make you weak. The one who won the greatest wars even the trained warriors couldn't survive in.
That man is now standing in front of me. Like a friend, like a teacher, like a warrior, like a father.

But I'm not sure if he can accept me like this. I don't think I have inherited anything from him let alone the fighting skills😔.

Maybe I should train harder too. I need his acknowledgement. I need his blessings. I want to be his inheritor.

That's when Gautam decided to train himself with his whole heart.
No matter how hard the training was he never gave up. Muscle sprains, hairline fractures and what not, he endured it all.
Even in his break times he tried spending time with Karna, by talking about his hobbies or interests or maybe crushes sometimes...
Karna used to listen to all his talks grinning.
Gautam loved the way Karna used to caress his hair.

All the past memories rushed in Gautam's head when he slowly lost his consciousness.

"Gautam! Gautam! "

Gautam didn't respond to any calls. Meera gently put his head on her lap and let his darling son sleep.

Karna smiled looking at his family's mess.
One sleeping because of exhaustion, one who turned into a lifeless zombie for a second and the other who broke her ribs.

He could only chuckle at himself.

"This is surely a long day" said Karna.

"Ya...
By the way about the kavach and kundal...?"
Asked Meera curiosily.

"He is my son and grandson of Lord Surya. I couldn't expect less from him.
He never disappointed me in anything. Be it training or kindness. I know I was tough on him during his training but he never complained about it. It hurt me every time he screamed out of pain, but still he continued his training. After Abhimanyu it's only him I acknowledge the most. He finally made it.
I couldn't be more proud." said Karna proudly.

"Even I am proud of you both. It was hard to carry the burden of lies on my shoulders. That's a relief to know he figured it out.
And all we need to do now is figure how to get rid of these soul sucking demons.

Karna, I unintentionally hit a demon hard do you think it will come back for revenge? "
Said Meera to lighten up the mode.
"They don't seem to have eyes. So Don't worry " 😂
Replied Karna.

Both laughed weakly and stayed for few minutes enjoying the chill air in the middle of a forest.

After Meera's full recovery Karna piggybacked Gautam who was still looking weak. If Meera wanted she could have carried them both home in less than two seconds, but no, she wants to have an eyeful of what she is looking at now.

"My son really worked hard today"
Said Karna.

"And I broke my ribs..." murmured Meera.

"Did you say something.?" asked Karna

"Nope!"

Gautam leaned on his shoulder, enjoying Meera's and Karna's conversation.
He was happy that there is no need for them to hide his identity. They can talk freely than ever.

After reaching home, Karna helped Gautam to wash up his wounds and helped him change his clothes.

Meera told everyone that Gautam knows the truth. The Sharma couple were worried that he might stop loving them. But inspite of knowing the truth from long time he never cared less about them.
In fact, he loved them ever more. He was grateful to have them as his parents. He was happy to be found by them in this cruel world.

Knowingly or unknowingly, the Sharmas had a major role in the reunion of the Karna and Meera.
And he would forever be grateful to them and their kindness.

After having a nice talk Karna put Gautam to sleep.

But on the other side Meera's tensions grew eventually.

What is this Kavach about?

"... They don't seem to have eyes. So don't worry..."

Meera immediately rushed into the garage and studying about the Time Demons again. She picked up an article which read...

"Time Demons feed on the souls........They don't see......They feel on the energy..."

She gasped heavily. Covered her mouth with excitement.

"YES!!!!"

"I can save them. I can... Save them. Thank you Krishna." she cried out of happiness and relief.

Finally the mist is lifting up!

She made her plan and concluded one thing.

"Looks like I need to go back in time again"