23

Karna and Meera went back home.
She took Karna to the garage and had a holographic video call with her parents immediately.

She told her parents the truth which Sharma couple revealed few minutes ago.
Meera's parents were in shock too.
Karna was lost in his deep thoughts.
Meera made him sit on the chair and gave him some water to relax.

"Sweetie, we still don't know if it's her or not. Give me some time I'll contact my friend, he will help us to dig some information about her." said Meera's dad.
"Okay dad"
Though Meera acted tough. She was a big mess inside.
If it's true that Vrushali time travelled because of the portal she opened then...
Is it my fault? Did I make her suffer in this unknown and cruel world? Am I the one who is responsible for her death?
Hundreds and thousands of questions crossed her mind in few seconds. And her speed thinking wasn't helping her much.
She stumbled and lost her balance.
Karna immediately caught her and made her sit on the chair.
Meera looked at the tired eyes of Karna.
How could I do this to you?
She immediately broke down into tears.
It was the first time Karna has seen her so vulnerable.
"It's all my fault.! It's my fault that she got stuck in this yug. I am a worst person. I am cursed. I'm sorry. Please don't hate me. Please. I made a horrible mistake. I let her die. Its all my fault 😭"

Karna tried his best to calm her down.
He hugged her and caressed her back gently.
He cupped her crying face and leaned his forehead against her forehead.

" Shh... Calm down please. Please don't cry. It's not your fault. Please stop crying. "

" Whatever happened it wasn't your fault. It was Vrushali's choice. She made the choice to follow me. But luck wasn't on her side.
That's why she landed in a different time line. I knew that she loved me. But I never knew she loved me to an extinct that she even sacrificed her happiness and suffered in this world waiting for me."

"Whatever it was.
It was her choice and we have to respect that. Okay"

Said Karna.
Both of them calmed down after few minutes.

She got another call from her parents.
Meera opened the filed which was shared with her just then.
The file had a few photos of the lady.
The police couldn't dig up more about her because of some reason.
But the couple know what that reason was.
She opened her photo.
It was her.
It was Vrushali.
Karna just starred at the image for a while and touched it.
She was clearly pregnant. The events after the night of accident weren't mentioned in the report but they already knew what happened after that.

And now what's important is...
Gautam.

If Gautam knows the truth will he be able to accept it? Will he be ok if he finds out that Ayush and Anjali are not his real parents? Will he be able to accept Karna as his father? Will he be able to digest the fact that his mother died so unfairly?

And also,
Will he forgive Karna and Meera for what they did?

These questions were disturbing the couple.

"How long will we be in here. Let's go back to home."

Said Karna in a concerned tone.

"Hm."
Meera stood up quietly and the couple went back home.

Evening

Karna was sitting in the living room with grandfather.
Meera was helping her grandmom in the kitchen.
She doesn't want to think about anything now.
Karna was a bit lost too but Meera's grandad kept him busy.

"Hey grandpa! Hello brother!" there came a cheerful voice of Gautam.
He backhugged grandpa and took his blessings.
Such a cheerful person he is.
Gautam is the exact picture of son Karna has imagined if he had a normal life.
When Vrushali was pregnant, Karna always talked about how cheerful his chotima was. He talked about how she made him laugh, the way she supported him, the way she enjoyed the food. The stories of Veda were bedtime stories narrated by Karna to Vrushali and his unborn baby.
Maybe that's why Meera and Gautam had so many similarities.
Karna was lost in his own thoughts when Gautam tapped on his shoulder and said, "Hii!" waving his hand near Karna's face.