My secret

Dream wakes up to the noise of the hover and an empty bed. What on earth was George doing? He rolled out of bed and pulled on his grey joggies while still in the dark.

"What the hell are you doing?" Dream rubs his eyes, confused as to why George was hoovering his apartment.

"hoovering?" The Brit responds obviously.

"Yes, duh, but why? Also why at 8:30 in the morning?" The blonde asks as he stands still in the middle of his living room which was dimly lit by a lamp and the slightly slither of light from the sun that's peaking through dreams broken blinds.

"I'm more productive in the morning and I don't like mess, it distracts me, I can't concentrate around mess." He says as he turns off the hoover, stopping the loud humming. "How long have you been at this for, the living room almost looks...tidy."

George laughed and continued tidying as dream went to the kitchen. Dream looked on his fridge. It was empty. There was no food. He felt it was rude to not offer George breakfast so he ordered breakfast.

Dream felt a sudden motivation. Dream never liked tidying, he didn't see the point in it, it was just going to get messy again and plus he didn't like it here so there wasn't much point typing if he never stayed here but seeing George tidy made him want to tidy too.

"Dream, I will help you clean this place up, we can buy paint and paint the walls and we will decorate it together. Only if you wanted though." George says to dream as he reaches out for his hand. Dream takes George's hand and plays for his fingers. "I would love that George. Maybe me and you could write some music here, a place to focus and write!" The blonde says full of excitement. "I would love that!" George says, squeezing dreams hand.

Dream and George cleaned dreams dorm while blasting loud music through Dreams speakers. So loud in fact that George didn't notice the missed calls buzzing through from Sophie. In all fairness, he probably wouldn't have cared if he saw the calls anyway.

The boys danced about the house while slowly clearing away small sections, working together perfectly. There was a knock at the door and George's heart dropped. He knew who it would be.

"I will get it!" George shouts, not wanting dream to open the door to Sophie.

"What." The brunette grumbles as he walks out dreams dorm, closing the door behind him.

"We have music to write George. You can't be here messing around with some useless boy, do you want the money or not George?" She growls, facing George. "Fine, whatever just let me go grab my stuff and say goodbye" George says as he opens the door but Sophie pulls his wrist, causing the door to slam, causing an echoing bang.

"what the hell?" He shouts. "No time, just hurry up." She says, pulling George away and back towards his dorm.

And just like that dream was alone again. Dream had made progress on his dorm but lacked the enjoyment after he realised George had left. Dream wasn't sure why George left or where he had went. Maybe dream had done something.

Sophie drove George to a recording studio where the both sat.

"well then, do something George." Sophie says, treating George like some circus animal.

George feels trapped, he is in a dark room, it's quiet and uncomfortable. Sophie is too close to him and she is saying all the wrong things. He feels the air he is breathing get thicker. Why can't he breathe. What's wrong with him? Why does he feel like this again?

George slams down the lid of the piano, stopping Sophie's rambling. She looks shocked by George's sudden actions.

"I don't want to do this for you, I'm doing it for me, because I need my passion back! I will write in my own time, you will leave me alone and when I have made progress I will tell you but just let me write in peace!" He screams. He feels himself freaking out. It was as if Sophie thought everything would go back to how it was before, before he hooked up with George's best friend and before she sent George's dad those photos, and George hated it. He didn't want it to be the same he needed it to be different.

George texted dream to come pick him up because George couldn't drive and George couldn't stay in that room for much longer. He felt trapped and he needed out.

As George went to walk out the room two men walked in and shook his hand before he could realise what was happening.

"Hello, you must be George, I'm Sam and this is Phil!" Said the man called Sam in a very serious tone and Phil offered a smile. "Take a seat." Said Phil gesturing to the seat and George began to sit down. Sophie's smile grew in a malicious way.

Why did this feel like an ambush?

"We are the owners of the label who has offered Sophie a deal. She has a beautiful voice and so much potential but we need you on board too." Says sam, leaning forward in his chair.

"What exactly does that mean sam?" George asks

"You will be signed with us and you will work with Sophie, you will get big pay and you will get fame, lots of fame, you could have a career in music" Sam says.

"With Sophie?" George asks, wishing they would elaborate.

"Yes, you will be contracted to work with Sophie, like a duo, you will write and perform music together, perhaps go on a tour, depending on how successful you both become." Sam says as Phil gives Sam a look.

"hold on, this is like a big thing, this is serious? I thought it was going to be like some small project?" He says. George is confused and the room is only getting smaller

"Tell him the rest sam." Phil says looking at the ground. "Yes, erm, well a part of the contract will be publicity stunts, this may consist of planned paparazzi shoots and attending events. There will also be dating stunts, fans will ship the two of you so there may be a fake relationship put in place. It will get both your names in the news." Sam says.

George suddenly feels overwhelmed. He would love a career, it was his dream. Was it worth it to have to work with Sophie for god knows how long? These people just barged in and offered him all of these amazing things with all of these horrible strings attached. He didn't want to go back in time. Would they force him to be in a fake relationship with Sophie for publicity?

He didn't know what to say to the men. Sophie looked happy with the terms of the agreement. George is looking around the room in a panic when he sees the door burst open

"George?" Dream says as he storms in and sees how pale George is. George looks freezing cold yet roasting hot at the same time. He looks like he can't get a breath as he clutches his chest.

"Dream!" George says, reliefs flushing over him as he sees a familiar face. "What the hell is going on here?" Dream asks as he shoots the two men and Sophie a dodgy look, feeling a really bad vibe from the trio. "Nothing dream, nothing is happening here, I want to go home. Im done here."

George reaches for dream and they interlock fingers as they walk out the room. Sam Sophie and phill all have a look of disappointment and defeat.

The two boys walk back to dreams car and dream knows George better than to ask what had happened. He knows that if George wanted to talk about it he would say something in his own time. The car ride is silent until dream speaks up.

"I bought paint." Dream says suddenly.
"What?" The brunette asks as he gives dream a strange look as he feels confused. He was so caught up in what had happened he had forgot the conversation they had earlier.

"I was planing on turning my dorm into a music studio for you. A fresh coat of paint, a piano and some sound proofing and we would be good to go, then all we would need is something for you to write about like I had promised." Dream laughed.

George's own thoughts were too loud for him at this moment. George knew at this point that he didn't want to continue to write the song for Sophie. He was out. He wouldn't fake a relationship for fame. Dream sounded so exited though and he didn't heave the heart to tell him it was over. He fears that if they don't have the song to keep them together they would drift apart. In the split second George took to think all these thoughts he decided to lie. That is when the 'harmless' lie would start.

Dream and George would write a song together. Not for Sophie and not for anyone but themselves. Dream wouldn't know this though. Not yet, George couldn't tell him yet.

———
I'm back! Sorry for the shorter and less dramatic chapter! I just got back from my holiday :)
Thank you all for being patient!
See you all tomorrow:)