My great escape

It's early hours of the morning and dream lay awake beside George on the living room floor who was fast asleep.

Carefully, dream wriggled out of George's grasp and tucked George in with a blanket.

He tip toed around their dorm and collected all of the important things that they needed and put them inside a few bags and suitcases.

He felt like he was going crazy. Dream felt trapped. The mess George was in last night unsettled him and even disturbed him a bit. He doesn't want to see George like that. George isn't even being treated as a human, more of a pawn.

He is constantly being used and abused.

Dream has had enough of it.

Dream took all of the things and packed them into the back of his car.

As dream was packing he dropped a photo of Sapnap, karl, George and him. The glass on the photo shattered, along with dream.

He began to get flustered and confused and even scared. Was he really going to leave behind all of his friends, his chance at a decent education, his family, his life. The scariest thought of all though is a dark one. What's if Sam were to find them.

Dream would literally be putting his life at risk for George but George so desperately needed help and dream is all he has.

He walks back inside and looks at the house which George and him turned into a home.

He placed his cold hand against the wall where George and his painted handprint lay. It reminded him of all of the memories the pair had.

Dream looked over and say George, so peacefully sleeping and new what he had to do.

He grabbed his car keys.

"George wake up." He whispered as he gently shook George awake. George just hummed in reply. George didn't really feel like talking or opening his eyes. His head was pounding and his skin was sore, his whole body just aches.

"C'mon George, we have something we got to do." He whispers, urging George to wake up but he doesn't. Instead he puts his arms out like an infant, expecting dream to carry him which he does. He picks George up with his blanket and carried him into the packed car gets in, he then goes back to the house to switch off all the lights and lock the doors dream felt George's phone buzz in his pocket. It was Sophie. He didn't even bother to check what she said before opening the door again and placing his and George's phone inside the locked music cabinet nd locking up again. There was too much risk in taking there phones. They could be tracked, threatened or bribed back home.

Dream stated the car and began the long drive.

It was a good few hours before George had totally woke up.

"Dream?" He says, in a confused but gentle voice. "George." Dream responds, not taking his eyes off the road. "Where are we going?" George asks, slightly freaked out by all the bags in the back of the car. "Away." He replies bluntly.

George is trying to stay calm in this weird situation so continues to ask him useless questions to get any kind of information out of dream that he can.

"Do you know where about we are going?" He asks gently. "No, not sure yet." He answers.

"Dream c'mon tell me what's going on." George says but receives no answer from the blonde who won't even look at him.

"Dream....dream!...DREAM!" George shouts as he begins to get frustrated. "WHAT GEORGE." He yells back but stops when he realises he is scaring George.

"I'm taking you away, I want to keep you safe George, you need help and we can both admit that and you aren't going to get any better with Sophie around, you are the strongest man I know but you just need some help to cope." He says as he pulls over the car in the middle of nowhere to look George in the eyes. "Please! Dream no please don't make me go to rehab, I can't do it again, I can't be alone in there. Please dream"  George says as he cries genuine tears of fear. "Hey, hey no shhhhh," dream reaches over to cuddle George. "I'm not going to send you away, you aren't going back to London, and you don't belong to sam, you and I are going to get through this together, we can fight this, I promise I will be there for you." With dreams words George begins to calm down and realise everything is going to be okay.

"So what, we are on the run now?" George asks after a few kind moment of silence. And dreams answer is confident. "Yeah, yeah I think we are." Both of the boys smile, feeling a sense of safeness for the first time in weeks. But then George realises everything they are leaving behind.

"Dream are you sure you want to do this?" George asks, almost feeling selfish. "Of course I do George." Dream says with 100% certainty. "But why though." George asked with genuine curiosity and complete ignorance.

"You know George, you are such a smart guy, and you are very talented but sometimes you can be very stupid, and I don't just mean with making bad choices." Dream says, disappointed that George would even question why he would drop everything for him. George just gives him a confused look.

Dream looks George right in his eyes. Dream remembers the fist day that he met George and how much he despised George and how he promised himself that he hated him, deep down he knew he didn't hate him. What he was really promising himself was that he would never fall in love with him because he knew it would be complicated, like this, but dream doesn't mind the complications when it comes to George. Dream had never properly admitted his feeling for George.

"I love you George."

There was a moment of silence. Dream wasn't worried though because he was almost 100% certain that George loved him too, he just had to say it.

"That's why I do all of this, it's all for you because I love you." He continued.

George's eyes welled up, he even looked sad.

"George?" Dream asked, feeling his stomach sink.

"I'm sorry dream."

There was a long pause while George wiped away his fallen tears.

"No one has ever told me they love me, apart from my mother before she passed away. And if I'm being perfect honest, I haven't loved anyone since she passed away either." George says, almost shamed of himself.

"Oh" dream looks about in a state of pure embarrassment, everything he had done for this boy, for nothing. None of it mattered.

"But you," he began. "You changed it all. You flipped my entire life upside down in the best way possible and that is why I love you too." He smiles.

Dream let's put a sigh of relief before giving George a gentle kiss.

"Let's go missing together dream!"

———
Will they be able to escape Sophie and Sam and live happily ever after, what about Sapnap and Karl?