Chapter 1- Butterflies in My Stomach

Home...

Throughout the whole day, that was all Luca could think about. Home.... Not that Genova wasn't a good home for the time Luca spent there. Luca absolutely adored Genova, partly because he was always there with Giulia and her mom. Luca loved the bright, big atmosphere; the streets that you could spend hours walking down; the beautiful landscapes. Luca hates to admit it, but it even had some better stuff to do than what he could do back in Portorosso. When Luca first got there, Giulia spent days just showing Luca around, and even after that, there was still so much left to explore. He enjoyed his time in Genova. Like, he really did. If Luca was being honest, Genova was the perfect home for him. It was more than perfect, actually.

So why did he keep thinking of somewhere else?

Somewhere like Portorosso.

Luca sighed at the thought of his old home. As much as he loved Genova, it could never compare to Portorosso. Genova had everything that Portorosso did. In fact, it probably had more. But there was something missing that Luca had always noticed when living in Genova. Well, obviously he was missing his family, and Alberto as well.

Alberto...

Again, Luca sighed at the fact of thinking about his best friend. The person who introduced him to human things. Without Alberto, Luca would have never even stepped foot out of the water. He would have never experienced some of the most amazing things in his life, and he would've never even gone to Genova. Luca was so distracted all the time by the things in Genova that sometimes he forgot why he was there in the first place. It was because of Alberto. Even though Alberto had given Luca the chance to leave for Genova and fulfill his dream of going to school, he still felt empty. Even after attending school, he still missed Alberto deeply. He enjoyed school so much, and learning the things he learned was something that he never could have dreamed of back in Portorosso. Still, the home that Luca needed was Portorosso, where his memories, family, and where Alberto was.

Luca reminded himself of the fun times he had with Alberto and Giulia back in Portorosso. It made him feel warm and happy inside, just like he had felt when he first started attending school. Speaking of school, Luca wondered when he would finally be able to tell Alberto about all the things he learned in school. Being the curious boy that he was, nothing satisfied Luca more then learning new things at school. Unsurprisingly, Luca loved astronomy, and it was always his favorite subject. He was even the top student in his class, which did end up making Giulia a bit jealous. Luca laughed at the thought, remembering the look on Giulia's face when he started to excel in their astronomy class, even faster then Giulia could. But who could blame him? Luca truly deserved to be the top student. He was always so dedicated to getting his work in, and was overall a very good student. Well.... I suppose not in every class. Luca never really enjoyed mathematics very much, but regardless, he still did very well in school.

He just couldn't wait to tell Alberto all about it!

Wait, speaking of Alberto....

"LUCA!!"

"WAHHH," Luca screamed as he woke up suddenly.

The boy quickly looked around and remembered that he was already on the train ride back to Portorosso. He must've fallen asleep pretty quick. He looked over to his right to see Giulia standing over him with a big smile on her face. She was laughing uncontrollably, almost falling over on the floor of the train car.