Chapter 14- The First Move

Alberto's mind was racing as he felt Luca sit down next to him. Giulia and Luca started to eat their popcorn while watching the movie. Luca's eyes were glued to the screen, while Alberto could only think about what Giulia had said.

"You're never gonna get him if you don't try!"

Giulia looked over at Alberto and raised her eyebrows. Alberto looked back angrily but knew what she meant. He knew he had to do something. Without hesitation, Alberto scooted closer to Luca and rested his head on Luca's shoulder.

Luca looked over at Alberto, "Alberto?.."

Alberto blushed and quickly sat back up, "Oh- I'm sorry I shouldn't-"

"N-no no, it's okay." Luca responded with a slight grin. Alberto smiled back before resting his head on Luca's shoulder again. Giulia tried to contain the huge grin that spread across her face. She so desperately wanted to say "Just kiss already!" but knew to keep her mouth shut and continue to watch the movie instead.

Luca got more comfortable and snuggled up closer to Alberto, who was still laying on Luca's shoulder. Be cool! Silenzio Bruno! Alberto told himself. Luca stated to laugh at the movie as he shoved a handful of popcorn into his mouth. Alberto looked over at Giulia, who was pointing at her hand and smiling.

Alberto didn't know what she meant at first, but slowly realized that she was trying to tell Alberto to hold Luca's hand.

Alberto slowly glanced over at Luca, who was intently watching the movie. Alberto was hesitant, thinking that Luca would freak out if Alberto held his hand. But again, he thought about what Giulia had said, and decided to ignore the Bruno telling him to stop it. Alberto slowly reached his hand over to Luca's, and grabbed it delicately.

Luca felt someone grab his hand and looked over at Alberto, who was pretending to watch the movie, but was really freaking out inside. Luca had the same fuzzy feeling inside of him as he felt his cheeks heat up. He grabbed Alberto's hand back and the two smiled at each other. Luca found himself staring into Alberto's green eyes again, but this time, he didn't try to hide it. Alberto stared back and tightened his grip on Luca's hand, focusing his attention back on the movie. For the first time since they started the movie, Alberto relaxed and felt at ease. He got more comfortable and finally started to pay attention, still holding Luca's hand.

Giulia was freaking out inside yet again, but kept her composure. Look at my two amanti, she thought to herself. She felt proud that Alberto was able to make the first move, and by the looks of it, Luca had a slight blush on his cheeks. Giulia laughed to herself, knowing what that meant.

As the trio continued to watch the movie, laughing and joking together, Luca had calmed down from his earlier worries. Alberto was right, there was nothing to worry about. The movie was so exaggerated and over-the-top that it actually managed to be hilarious. Its weirdness was actually what made it quite funny. The "sea monster" that was in the title of the movie was actually just a man in a costume, making the whole "attack of the sea monster" theme even more funny. Although it wasn't the best looking movie, everyone still enjoyed watching it, and gave the movie a round of applause when it ended.

"Well, that was definitely something," Giulia laughed.

Alberto looked at the clock on the wall. It read 10:30 PM. Yikes, Alberto thought. I didn't realize it was so late.

Massimo walked into the room, wearing a nightcap on his head. "You three, it's getting late. How about you head upstairs for bed."

The three nodded as they headed towards the door. Massimo turned to face Luca, "Luca, I've already set up the mattress in Alberto's room for you."