Chapter 32- Trouble on the Cliffside

(A.N-

Hi all! So sorry this chapter took 23 days to come out haha. As you already know, I'm very busy. I can't wait to finish off this book, but I also feel sort of sad that we're ending it. Also, are you guys hyped for the Luca short that's coming out in November, because I sure am! Anyway, I hope you all have a great day 🙂)
______________________________

There was no remorse whatsoever inside the heart of Bruno Scorfano. He didn't care what happened to those around him, as long as he reached Alberto. As long as he got his son back.  It would be all worth it.

And so, Bruno didn't look back behind him at all, instead continuing to walk forward up the hill. He left Officer Benedetti bleeding out from her side on the ground behind him, having no intention of doing anything to save her. The injured officer pulled out her walkie talkie and called for backup, which she definitely needed desperately. At the rate she was bleeding out, she needed to get to a hospital and fast. Only time could tell before she bled out too much..

Unfortunately, she wasn't able to do anything about the raging Bruno that was making his way up the hill, right in the direction of where Luca and Alberto had ran. She winced in pain as she rolled around in the floor, hoping that her backup would arrive soon. She watched in pain as the man who had just stabbed her ran away from her grasp.

Stay safe boys..

Stay safe.
_______________________________

In the distance, the sun was setting in the sky, shining down on the town of Portorosso. This evening was different, however. Instead of the lively atmosphere, consisting of people sitting outside and enjoying themselves, the air was cold and dark. There was no joy, there was no sound at all. Everyone was hiding.

Everyone except Luca and Alberto.

The two boys were hastily running up into the outskirts of Portorosso,where Benedetti had told them Ercole was waiting. Once they arrived at the cliffside, they were instructed to find a house to take shelter in along with Ercole. It was an uncertain plan that was not guaranteed to work; unfortunately, at the rate Bruno was chasing them, they didn't have much of a choice. They needed go get Ercole fast and find shelter fast before Bruno arrived. Along with the fact that Portorosso had an extremely small police team, the boys wouldn't have as much time as they needed. Worst of all, one of their officers was already down, leaving only a few people that could possibly save them.

"Alberto, I can't keep up!" Luca said, panting heavily.

Alberto grabbed Luca by the arm and kept running, "We can't stop, not now. We're so close to getting to the cliff!"

Luca could only nod his head slightly before Alberto grabbed him and started sprinting towards the cliff. They were already on the narrow street that led up to the cliffsides, letting them know that they were getting very close. In fact, when Alberto quickly glanced behind him, he couldn't see Bruno in sight. Maybe they would get to Ercole safely. Maybe they would be able to find shelter and wait it out before the police arrived. We might actually be able to do this!

Finally reaching the top of the hill, the duo stepped off the paved street into the long and weedy grass. They ran straight toward the direction of the cliffside. The very same cliffside that they had been pushed off of by the wind earlier that day. It still felt unreal; Alberto wished he would wake up soon from this hellish nightmare. Sadly, it wasn't a nightmare. This was actually happening, and as much as he didn't want it to happen, his father was already too far in to quit.

After running through the grass for a few minutes, they had reached the tall set of cliffsides. Luca covered his eyes with his hand and tried to shield the bright sunset. In the distance, he could see a tall silhouette anxiously stomping their foot on the ground. Before Luca could react, Alberto shouted out loud: