Chapter 30- If Anything Happens, I Love You

(A.N: these next two chapters I've been working extra hard on, so please understand that they will take longer to make. I hope the wait will be worth it! Okay let's go back to dumb dumb Ercole now, enjoy :D)
_______________________________

"Ercole Visconti, on behalf of all of my other board members, you are hereby banished from Portorosso until further notice."

Ercole froze in shock," No- no! Please.. I can make it right- just... trust me! Please!.."

"The discomfort and pain you have caused throughout this town has been going on for far too long. The board has already voted on your decision. Your time has come to leave, we have arranged your arrival in Genova."

"No!" Ercole shouted. He felt a pair of hands grab his arms, holding onto him tight as they tried to pull him away. Ercole resisted as much as he could, planting his feet onto the tiled floor, his arms flinging around in the air desperately. "I can make this right!"

"Enough! Ercole Visconti, this meeting has adjourned. You may leave."

"Please!" he pleaded. Nobody listened, however, and instead he was dragged out of the room and into the town square. Ercole shielded his eyes from the bright sun, and after a while, he realized that the person that dragged him out was the same female police officer that arrested him.

"Your train should arrive in a few hours, Ercole. I would go pack up your things if I were you."

Ercole had given up trying to fight back, and instead he depressingly bobbed his head up and down.

"Oh, and no funny business!" she added. "You'll go straight to the train and leave once it arrives, no snooping around, 'Kay?"

"Yes.. I understand.."

The officer nodded and walked away. She wished Ercole luck (although she didn't really care to be honest) and walked away, leaving Ercole alone by the train station.

"Oh mio, what have you gotten yourself into this time.." Ercole muttered silently. He felt the urge to disobey the officer's orders, but that was no use. It would just make things worse.

Ercole made his way back to his house to gather his things, his arms sagging to the ground. Before getting there, though, Ercole noticed his shiny red Vespa, parked in an alleyway like it always was. Ercole looked at it for a long while, an idea storming in his head. Although he would never be able to reverse his actions, maybe he could just make them a bit better..

Ercole kept looking at his Vespa, hesitating to move closer and pick it up.

"Well, since I can't bring this with me.. and I can't sell it either.."

"Maybe I can.."

Ercole stopped himself before speaking again.

"Actually yes.."

"I know someone who just might want this.."
_______________________________

The train's wheels halted to a stop in the Portorosso train station, finally arriving at its destination. It was the late morning, and the glistening sun had just finished rising in the sky. Ercole was fast asleep in his seat, snoring loudly. The train's wheels made a screeching noise as it stopped, and the few people on the train got off. Ercole, however, was still fast asleep, being exhausted from the last few eventful days.

"Excuse me, Signore.." the train conductor said as he made his way through the aisle. "You are welcome to leave now, we have arrived at Portorosso."