The Black Stallion With Blue Eyes Part. 2

''What are you standing there?! RUN!''

Arthur didn't react to the man's shout. He kept looking at the eyes of the stranger. The color of the eyes made him freeze. Those were the purest blue eyes he had ever seen...

The man pushed Arthur backward- the young warlock wasn't going to leave the soldier behind. Merlin held the man up while he was struggling to move back. After the prince got his legs to full speed- he was the one to drag the warlock forwards. 

The creaking roaring sound echoed in the woods. The prince had no idea- what or who caused the terrifying sound- but he knew he had to run away. He wasn't going to leave the unknown stranger back either. They hid behind a giant rock to catch their breath. 

''What a hell is that thing?'' 

''A dragon.'' The unknown man answered. 

Soon, two soldiers appeared next to the prince. Sir Leon and Thomas had run to a prince now. Merlin looked at the soldiers- he had never seen them. Two of them were blonds, and the last one was brown-haired. Merlin couldn't but notice the Camelotian sign on the knight's cloaks. The warlock swallowed hardly. 

''Sir Leon!'' Arthur greeted the man. Sir Leon looked at Merlin for a moment, but then turned to look at the Prince, ''It is huge. We need to go now. There is no chance to fight it.'' 

Thomas helped the Prince up as Leon was securing the path. Arthur got up, but instead of running away, he turned to face the unknown man. 

''What is your name?'' The prince asked. Merlin looked at the blond. He was a bit annoyed about his substance, but he was very relieved about his actions. He wasn't as ass as he looked to be. 

''Merlin, sire.''

''Arthur Pendragon,'' Arthur gave his hand to Merlin to lift him up, ''C'mon, we need to go.'' 

The warlock took a man's hand without hesitation. He knew it was a risk, but the Pendragon's eyes told him he was worthy of trust. Arthur felt electricity through their touch- it was something new to the prince. He had never felt such a connection with anyone. 

Soon they ran again- towards the Camelot. 

-----------------------------------

The night came before they arrived home. Merlin became more terrified every time he took a step towards Camelot. He wasn't supposed to go there. He knew he would die if the King would ever find out about his gifts. Merlin wasn't even trusting the Camelotian soldiers, but still, there he was with them. 

Sir Leon tried to talk to Merlin, question him about the dragon. Merlin couldn't find any reasonable explanation to the knight. That made him even more scared. He didn't really know why the thing was there. Why it had been hunting the man the whole week... And Merlin had called for help- he had got some- but the worst occupation he could have ever imagined. 

The warlock tried to find a reason for a dragon, but he couldn't

''It has been flying around for a week now, don't really know why. I am sorry.'' Merlin spoke.  

''There has been happening really weird thing around lately,'' Leon admitted. 

''Mmh,'' Arthur spoke, ''I have seen really weird dreams lately. So has Morgana. We have had seen the same dream about a black horse, in that square we met.'' Arthur told to Merlin.

''So have I,'' Merlin spoke. Arthur froze to the moment. Merlin continued as he saw Arthur overthink.

''That is why I went there.''

''Same.''

---------------

Merlin had felt unsafe with the knights- or only with Leon and Thomas. Merlin chose to go back home. Back to Ealdor. In the middle of the night. He left a note to a prince. 

I know you felt it too. I am just not in the place where I am supposed to be. I will go back home. 

Thank you, Merlin. 

Arthur's heart broke a bit. He thought he and Merlin had something between them. 

But maybe it was a wrong time, but a right person. 

_____________ 

TO BE CONTINUED