ephesians 2:8

for it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god.

◢✥◣

◢✥◣

gojō satoru was a god amongst men. he held himself with the same pride, and the power he exuded was extraordinary. he stood for all things right, he was the world's saviour, shifting the balance of good and evil with his mere existence.

a gift from the heavens above, he was blessed with the knowledge of anything and everything under the very sun that shone above. his eyes held the the depths of the sea and the reach of the sky, it was a never ending search within the windows to his soul.

handed to him on a silver platter, he wielded his power with greatness, nothing less was expected from the gojō satoru, and behind him he left a trail of beings who could only pathetically dream of being god's favourite.

fujihara akina listened to words of disdain spill from his lips, through his smile that didn't quite reflect a sincere happiness, he stood up for himself. he outwardly rejected the proposal her parents had put forward, for him to wed her older sister, fujihara aiya.

the tempting fingers of infatuation wrapped themselves around her heart, whispering in her ears, echoing a dissonance of thoughts of how she was entirely enamoured by his aura, leaving her head feeling like it was stuffed with cotton as she floated up to cloud 9.

gojō satoru, created in the image of the lord god, knew of freedom very well. something that akina wished, despite how terrible it was to wish at all, she could take from him and keep for herself.

instead, she waited patiently for her orders, the weight of the traditions her parents vehemently upheld pushed her down to her knees. slapped across the face with expectations, she felt the familiar sting and a dull pressure against her temple, the unrelenting force burying her face to become closely acquainted to the soil beneath her.

her heart tightened as her parents cursed the name, gojō satoru, they spoke of it as though he were a stain in the fabric of high society. their harsh words were nothing to him, his amusement remained the same and with that, he waved goodbye, wishing her parents a dreadful night.

akina confronted her own reality, filled with rules and restraints that could never, and would never, allow her the breath of fresh air she so desperately chased after. suffering in eternal damnation, she too felt the need to curse gojō's being, to resent him for being all that she desired.