corinthians 11:14

and no wonder, for even satan disguises himself as an angel of light

◢✥◣

◢✥◣

"what's that face for?"

getō sat outside with akina, across from her as he gently held her bandaged hands in his. she looked up at him as he wiped the blood dripping from her fingers.

"that's just how i look" akina glared at him.

getō paused his movements, scrutinising her, making her want to reach over and cover his eyes.

"don't lie to me," getō frowned, "it makes me think you don't trust me"

akina felt her guilt creep up her throat, making it harder for her to speak as she took in getō's expression.

"i do trust you" akina told him.

"then why do you look like you're going to throw a tantrum or something" he eyed her up and down.

"it's just-" akina sighed quietly, "why'd you say i was your friend?"

akina finally asked the question that was burning her mind. thinking back to earlier that day as the pair had gone to buy breakfast, akina and getō had decided to order coffee.

akina waited as geto went to collect their drinks, the girl serving him giving him a sweet smile as she messily wrote her number onto his cup.

he picked up both cups, handing akina's drink to her as she stood beside him. the girl behind the counter watched in surprise, immediately apologising to getō, who hadn't left yet.

with the marker still in her hand, she reached out to grab his drink and scribble out what she'd written.

"i'm sorry! i didn't know you were in a relationship"

"don't worry," geto smiled slyly, pulling his cup back before she could get a hold of it, "she's just a friend of mine"

getō stared at akina strangely, seemingly confused at the question.

"we are friends aren't we?" he asked her.

akina narrowed her eyes at him, her jealousy overwhelming her senses.