Family

I moved away from the heavy wooden door, eyeing the room nervously. I listened out for their voices as I walked further into the room. My father abandoned me here.

What if Kendall tries to kill me? I guess it'd be funny to him. The very thought is horrible, I don't want to die, I'm only 16!

The bed called for me as my exhaustion settled in, I could sleep. Maybe if I'm lucky though I can convince them to let me go home.

Will that, put mum in danger?

I collapsed onto the bed, giving myself no time to find bed wear or go under the blankets. Exhaustion, this level of feeling tired is so new to me, I've never met so many new people all at once in my life!

Tears trickled down onto the blanket, drying quickly on my warm cheeks. I haven't ever been out of the temple grounds either, this place is so-

So far- I yawned widely.

From home.

"Hey! Wake up kitten! Hey!" Shouted out a loud voice, I groaned tiredly and buried my head into the blanket. "I can see you're awake! Get up!" Called the voice again. I slowly lifted myself up on the bed and sleepily eyed the strange red haired girl, her faded white patches of hair becoming apparent as my vision cleared.

"Who-" I began before freezing.

Chloe.

"You can't have forgotten me already! You're not that dumb, just hurry up and get ready" She demanded, her comment hurting a little.

I sprang to my wobbly legs and looked around for clothes, finally noticing a set of drawers tucked nicely by the bed, I must have missed that on my way in.

I pulled out some dull coloured clothes, and got changed quicker then I ever had, the clothing is rather comfortable. Consisting of a bland grey shirt and black pants.

"You look like your about to go back to bed. Never mind, it's fine wear that then" huffed Chloe. She wore a nice colourful flowing shirt with long black pants and a nice grey jacket, obviously a royal design.

I stepped back as she got closer, her eyes examining me with withheld excitement.

"Before any of those assholes get a say, I want to give you my rules, atleast the ones I've thought of over night. I'm shit at this, but you have to listen! Or I'll- I'll- punish you!" She rambled, despite her confidence, her words made her seem more uncertain.

"I'm finally first doing something for once! Suck on that Danny. Ok kitten, I decided that since you've been very quiet, I want you to speak when I speak to you, ok. And don't touch my stuff unless I say you can- I um, shit what was the other thing? Ugh forget it I'll remember it later!" She rushed, one second speaking to herself, the next setting down rules.

"Oh, ok" I mumbled, unsure how exactly to respond. Maybe I should have said something more respectful.

I winced as my wrist was suddenly squeezed in a firm grip. I weakly tried to pull back. I don't think she cares, I stumbled after her as she tugged me forward and quickly left the room.

"Chloe, where are we going?" I asked, my voice quiet and rough from just waking up, maybe if I talk and don't be quiet, she'll be happy enough to send me home.

"To meet up with Danny, and Kenny, you haven't forgotten them to have you?" She asked, I shook my head quietly.

"Well?" She demanded louder this time, her grip tightening on my wrist.

"Oh, uh, I haven't forgotten" I stammered, I shuddered and stared at my stumbling feet.

"Chloe? Can I go back to my family?" I quietly asked as we reached a set of stairs.