Pet

For a moment in my terror it was calm, the birds finally making noise once more. The wood is rough against my trembling flesh, my feet aching from all the cuts left from my run.

I froze as I could hear leaves and sticks crunching and cracking. Mud squelching loudly. My breathing picked up and now I need to wait for whatever or whoever it is to not notice me.

It can't be Danny, there's no way he'd just walk after me, he's fast, he's a wolf.

I gasped and clenched my eyes closed, the squelching of mud louder now. I could feel my heartbeat in my head, my ears catching every faint noise. I'm scared.

The sound of feet sliding down the mud wall causing my to try to get smaller, to vanish into the mud and rocks.

Squelching footsteps walked around my hiding spot, my stomach in my throat.

"Maya" growled Danny, I flinched at his anger and hid my face in my arms, halting my terrified sobs. He can't know I'm here! How can he know?

I can feel the tension building, he's not moving and I'm scared that he's bluffing. He can't know I'm here?! I wish I could shift!

"You know not to run off" he yelled, his voice echoing around, the birds shutting up once more.

A crack of light filtered into my hiding spot and I froze in horror, the sound of a wood plank crashing into some rocks loud to my now sensitive ears.

"Disgraceful, I shouldn't have to leave an important discussion to-" Another crash of wood as a new crack of light broke through my hiding spot. I can only sob loudly, suddenly unable to even say anything. "Chase your ass down here!" He yelled, his yelling and the smash of planks being thrown off filling the air and my head.

"Please don't crush me, please don't kill me" I begged between terrified sobs. He's to loud, louder then I can even beg.

"It's stupid! I thought you weren't as dumb as historians claim cats to be! How dare you disobey me like that! It's childish!" He continued, more planks gone, I can nearly clearly see him. He's scary as he towers above me easily tossing aside moss covered planks.

"Please don't do it, please don't crush me" I wailed, still he didn't acknowledge my pathetic begs and pleadings.

"You know the rules you need to follow! Maya! If you get lost or hurt that will damage our reputation further! You're not going back to the other cats" he ranted still, I can only continue begging.

Flinching at the sounds of planks being thrown, and the sound of his loud yelling, I can only sob and beg him to not crush and kill me.

"You are in trouble for this, after your punishment, you'll relearn the rules! I can't believe you-" he lifted the last plank.

"Please, please! Please! Don't crush me!!! Don't kill me, I don't want to die, I don't want to!! I'll do whatever you want! I'll Be a good slave or whatever you want me to be, please don't kill me" I begged, the world suddenly quiet once more.

I curled tighter into the muddy ground, sobbing and shaking. I'm so scared.

"Please don't crush me, please don't kill me" I rambled between sobs, my voice croaky from wailing and my mouth dry from breathing in dirt.

"What?" Is all he's said, he's fallen quiet. His harsh angry breaths faltering. The sound of a branch breaking and falling echoed from deep in the trees.

"Maya?" He asked, I can hear him moving, I clawed at the mud and failed at even dragging myself away. My sobs loud and my body to shaky to even get a grip on the slimy mud.