Rules

"Chloe has nothing to do with it. Kendall is on his last chance, Maya will be fine, the majority of the damage was from rats" defended Danny, I concentrated on my food.

Do I need to be around for this? I was already finished and I really don't want to see a family start arguing while I'm still this size.

"Rumour spreads Danny. People judge. She and her brothers are not ready for this sort of life" huffed the king, placing a chewy piece of meat in his mouth.

"Chloe is. She only has two things she needs to work on. Those don't even involve her obsessive studying" defended Danny once more.

"Those study sessions. I've decided, the next planned study session is your last, she can do it by herself." Stated the king.

No more study sessions? That's good, I  haven't had a good experience with those. I looked at Danny's face and he seems so angry. Oh dear.

Silence filled the room, tension made my hair stand on end. This is an uncomfortable room to be in.

My stomach churned as I was suddenly lifted, the king brought me to his face and rested me on his palms.

"The cat that was supposed to be your mother's was only 13" stated the king. His words shook me. That was so young to be murdered.

"Chloe didn't do it though" stated Danny, the king placed me in front of the queen, her muzzle resting on the table as she looked at me. The last time I was so close to a wolf's muzzle, I was being carried.

I pressed myself to the table and watched her carefully, becoming more aware of the numbness along my back and the slight stinging that was becoming apparent.

"I won't be arguing this point with you Danny. Tomorrow night you'll tell me how her shift goes and how much more healing she'll need. When the people see her, they'll see she's in good condition and will just call the rumours untrue." Explained the king.

I crawled nervously back to Danny as the queen tried to nudge me. Atleast I know Danny, I don't want to be at the mercy of anymore strangers.

"I'm taking her to bed" grumbled Danny, I flinched as he reached for me, his tense movements and angry voice preparing me for rough treatment.

Gentle hands cradled me and placed me onto the soft cushion. Easily both sides of the cushion pressed up around me and I could feel Danny moving.

"Oh and Danny, I will be deciding her suitor, it's out of her hands" added the king, Danny's movements halted.

"Chloe deserves to fall in love in her own time" growled Danny quietly, I gulped nervously, Danny sounds so angry.

"My word is final Danny" stated the king. With a low growl, Danny began moving again, we traveled for a while, light occasionally spilling into my protected spot.

The pillow folded back out as it was set down. I lay still and looked around slowly. I'm on the foot of my bed. Everything seeming bigger, noticing smaller details I've missed.

I never paid attention to the small windows high up the walls, bars preventing anything from entering or exiting. I never cared to notice that the bedding had completely changed to a bright yellow.

"I'll see you again in the morning, I'm going to bed" grumbled Danny, I watched him tensely open the door. I didn't move, the pain from my injuries finally flaring back up.

Slam! The door crashed against its frame, I froze and stared at it anxiously. If Danny's that mad, he could really have hurt me if he wanted.

I lay still in discomfort, trying to force myself asleep. Finally I forced myself up and paced in discomfort. The bed feeling like a big distance to cross, the room dark and lonely as wind howled in noisily. I cried out sadly, not for anything in particular just because I wanted to fill the world with something.