Prey

Warm, he's warm. Though his hold was like ice. He's playing with my hair and being quiet. Is he trying to comfort me? It feels to constricting.

"I should take you back to your room. Today has been far to much for your first day" hummed Danny, I shivered as his hand moved far to close to my neck. I tried to move away again, his grip firmly holding me close.

"You're so quick to move away. None of that" scolded Danny, I shrunk back against him, far to uncomfortable. His sigh faint as I couldn't manage to relax my tense body.

"Let's go then" he mumbled, moving away and standing up. He helped pull me to my feet as I cringed over my back pain. "Yep, it's going to be sore, but I doubt it'll last, you'll be fine when you wake" explained Danny.

"Can I have another drink?" I asked quietly, hopefully my question won't annoy him. I watched him examine me carefully.

"Yes, you may. I'll leave a jug of water in your room." He stated, I glanced carefully at his face, his eyes scanning me carefully. What is he trying to find?

Swiftly, he turned around and moved away, straight for the door. I watched him carefully as I pulled the shirt down a little lower. I've never been around others in just a shirt before, nor a short dress.

"Can... I get my clothes back first?" I asked, I don't want to be rude. I just cannot fathom walking out like this, nor look at him shirtless, it's something I've never done, nor want to do.

"I'd much rather not waste more time before my training. But I guess so" mumbled Danny, he seemed distracted now, maybe even bothered. He's the one who brought me in here without grabbing my clothes. It's not my fault. "I'll be back" he added.

I watched him grab a new shirt from a nearby dresser and he opened the door, it loudly shut behind him as I watched. The room is high up, I can see some distant hills through the window.

I moved closer to the windows and gazed at the surrounding forest, I could see horses grazing, some people also walked around. Here I am stuck in a wolf shifters room. A prince wolf shifter. What have I been forced into?

I quietly pushed the delicate windows open, revealing them to be doors! There never were window doors in my temple. A small un-sheltered area opened up before me, a grey painted concrete wall blocked the edge, it reached my chest.

I can't believe it, it's like a normal verandah, but up higher. I've seen similar at the temple, but they were all just to make the second floor windows look appealing. Though I guess I never visited those four rooms. One was for my nursery for my first three years, and the other was for my nursery when I had first turned into my human form, as a baby.

I don't remember what those rooms looked like though.

I pressed my hands against the tough and uneven concrete. Maybe I should transform again. My father would always joke about how he could jump from the roof as a cat and land perfectly.

Maybe even a little kitten can to? Of course not. My stumpy legs aren't like my mum's or dad's. Theirs are long and quick.

I took a breath of the cool air.

Ow! Why did I follow through with that?!

I pressed my body against the narrow concrete wall, trying to force the pain away. Danny was right, the pain is already fading, by tomorrow it'll probably be a faintly throbbing memory.

As rough as Kendall was, I'm glad he'd only had a hold for barely a moment, he's going to get his revenge on me.

I just know it.

I watched Danny's shirt flutter to the floor. I cringed as I sat up. The pain harsh but bearable. I gazed off the other side of the wall, the drop alot worse with my new height.