Midnight.

[Luke]

I crashed on my bed and almost screamed. How dare he do that to me? That stupid prick of a mate. First he rejects me almost daily and now he's actually paying attention but stops and apologises! He freaking apologised! Staring up at the ceiling, I sighed heavily and couldn't help but remember that moment in the woods. Kilyan covered in blood, looking sinfully sexy and his muscles still tense from the fight. The Adrenaline hadn't left his system yet and the veins in his neck were throbbing; the neck where my mark was supposed to be. And then he leaned down and his nose and fangs against my skin had felt so good, I moaned again just thinking about it. The Sparks that erupted everywhere he touched me were almost unbearable. I needed him. I needed him now.

"Lukey?" I heard my little sisters knock on my door and I jumped up quickly, putting a smile on my face. They were my princesses. The cutest things on this earth and the lights of my day.

"Ivy honey, Holly doll, how are my princesses?"

"This is not about us." Ivy started matter-of-factly. "How are you? Are you hurt? There's blood-"

"It's not yours is it?" Holly finished in a higher pitched, more panicky voice.

"I'm okay, it's not my blood. Don't worry." I pulled them closer and ruffled their hair.

"Hey!" They cried out in unison and glared at me. They looked exactly like me, just younger and female. Both had an uncontrollable mane of dark brown curls and the sweetest chocolate eyes. The only way to tell the identical twins apart were their personalities and their earrings; little sweet-water pearls our grandmother had given them before she passed away. Ivy wore hers in her left ear and Holly in her right.

"I can smell him." Ivy suddenly blurted and I looked at her with wide eyes. Both of them sniffed the air and moved closer towards me.

"Jup. Definitely him." Holly agreed and I looked at them as they stood in front of me, arms crossed with a stern look on their faces.

"What happened?" Ivy demanded and I swallowed hard. I might be the older brother but they were way scarier than me and if they wanted something, they got it. No matter what.

"I- he was fighting next to me." I stuttered.

"That doesn't explain his stench all over you like this."

"He must've been closer than that." Holly emphasised with a stern nod. Sometimes I wondered how these two knew things like these, almost intuitively. They were too smart for their own good.

"He-" and I told them what he'd done. It wasn't even much but it was the closest he'd ever been to me since we found out. I had known I was gay since I was about 12 years old and I'd had a little crush on Kilyan since then as well, but I never thought this would happen. I had always imagined the gods giving me a loving, out-of-the-closet gay mate, but apparently they liked to mess with us.

"No way." Holly stared.

"I really want to punch him." Ivy added which made me laugh until I realised this was Ivy I was talking to and she would actually do that. 

"Please don't. Come on- he just-" I tried but I was interrupted by the door opening again and our mother coming in. She too was covered in blood splatters , seeing as she'd only just come back from a meeting of the warrior wolves. My mum is pretty badass, she is a warrior wolf, wears black and dyes her hair crazy colours. She isn't your typical wolf but she'd always been like that and I loved her for it. Her eyes were the same chocolate brown as mine though and judging from her wolf's colour she was a brunette which explains our looks, because my dad has blue eyes and black hair.