Bad Awakening.

[Luke]

I opened my eyes to find myself staring at a white-washed ceiling that didn't belong to my room or any other room in my house. And then I felt the warm body that was curled into my side, lying half on top of me with his right hand clutching my shirt. From the spark lighting up my skin I didn't even have to look to know it was Kilyan. A small smile played around my lips at the situation but then I remembered why I was even here in the first place. When I looked down at his sleeping face, I could still see the dried paths of his tears running down his cheeks, but he looked peaceful now. I moved my right arm up so I could run my fingers through his hair, and pressing a kiss to his forehead, my mind replaying what had happened yesterday.

The smell of his father's blood clung to him like a skin-tight shirt and I rushed towards him immediately. He looked so defeated, sitting on the steps leading up to the Alpha House, I couldn't bear it.

"Kilyan? What happened? Are you-" I fussed as I ran my hands over his shoulders and face, trying to find a wound.

"I'm fine." He hissed and frowning I sat back a bit, some stray tears were running down his cheeks. I leaned up and kissed them away.

"You're so cheesy." He tried a smile but it didn't work.

"Only for you, Yannie-boy. Only for you." His dark eyes finally met mine and I could see that something had broken inside him. Something was wrong.

"It's my dad-he..." He choked up a bit and I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer into my body. He buried his face in my chest and I growled at the wolves who were now starting to watch our little scene. They shrunk back, obviously noticing that their future Alpha was upset and they knew that I was one of the best warriors in the pack. I could take them all out easily.

"Kilyan, let's go inside. You can tell me then." He nodded and I pulled him up with me. When his legs gave out underneath him, I sighed and picked him up bridal style without even giving it a second thought. Kilyan curled into my chest further and I felt his tears soak my shirt. I kicked the door open and immediately the stench of his father's blood filled my nostrils. Kilyan started crying harder and was sobbing into my chest now, so I hurried up the stairs and into his room. I tried to put him down on the bed and get him some tea or something but he looked up at me with teary eyes and wouldn't let go of my shirt.

"Please don't leave." He whispered, his voice rough from crying and I caved. I couldn't leave him like this. So I pulled the covers up and slid into it next to him. He curled into my body immediately, burying his face in my neck again. I started rubbing soothing patterns into his back and only pulled away a bit when I felt his canines against my skin.

"Kilyan-" I stopped him but he stopped himself too.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, I just- I need you." He whispered almost desperately and I gathered him into my arms.

"Shh- shh- I'm here. It's okay, just close your eyes and I'm here." Kilyan continued to sob and mumble a bit but then finally his breathing calmed down and he fell asleep. Not for long though, soon enough he woke up drenched in sweat.

"Why hello there sunshine." I smiled at him; the corners of his mouth twitched a little but not enough to form a smile. "What do you say about a shower?" I whispered and Kilyan blushed when he looked down his body: still covered in blood and now sweat as well. I climbed out of bed and pulled Kilyan with me. Looking into his eyes, they appeared dead. The usual sparkle of life gone. I grimaced as I pulled him into my arms, before he could start crying again I quickly released him and taking his hand, I pulled him into the en-suite bathroom. We had seen each other naked before and even though it felt a little different now that I knew we were mates, he was crushed so it didn't matter. I pulled his clothes off and mine soon followed as we stepped into the shower together. He was just standing under the stream of water passively so I picked up the shower gel and started washing his body. The water was stained blood red as it disappeared in the drain and I winced when I saw several deep cuts in his side. He didn't seem to notice as his dead eyes followed my every move. I called his names several times but he didn't respond. Heaving another sigh, I grabbed the shampoo to wash his hair. When I was rinsing the water out, I caught sight of his eyes again.