Attack.

[Kilyan]

"Hey little one, how is my princess doing?" The little fairy giggled as I picked her up and spun her around.

"Put her down, Yan." My cousin chuckled as she entered the room.

"But my princess is so irresistible; I never wanna let her go." I laughed and she buried her face in my neck. I felt her cheeks heat up and grinned at Eden, who just shook her head and smiled, while she pushed passed me and slumped down on the sofa. Since her and my Beta Lucian had been officially mated, they moved into Lucian's old House and took this little princess with them. Gia was an angel; she wasn't their child, they had found her in the Sprite Camp a few weeks ago after they had been kidnapped by said Sprites and held captive for almost two weeks. She was a Consi fairy and had, after spending about a week with her Hive, decided that running away to find Eden and Lucian would be a good idea. The two love-birds were now going to adopt her as soon as this horrid war was over. The war between us wolves and the Sprites had begun and still wasn't over. But our pack and allies, as well as the Sprites had suffered greatly during the first battle two weeks ago, which had resulted in a temporary peace, that we knew wouldn't last for much longer. During the last battle  we had seen wolves, fairies and Sprites alike fall and get injured and the pain of losing so many of our own still hurt. 

"Yannie." Gia looked up at me and grinned. Sometimes I wished she was my daughter, but- I grimaced as my mind drifted to my mate at the thought of children. Children that would never really be my very own, because my mate- was a guy.
"Yannie, are you okay? Please don't frown," She smiled and ran her hands across my face. "There that's better." I laughed silently, as she straightened out the frown. "Can we go running again?"

"Darling, I'm sorry but we can't- Oh please not the puppy eyes!" I exclaimed dramatically and lifted her up higher, making her giggle again. "It's the Sprites you know, I don't want them to take you away from me. I'm selfish like that you know? I don't wanna be a day without you ever again!" I grew more serious but whirled her around again and I could hear Eden chuckling in the background. I stopped spinning and set her down on the floor, falling to my knees. "Will you marry me, Gia Smith?" She giggled and I relished her laughter; it had been quite rare the first few days she was with us. She behaved as if the Consi would pop up any second and rip her away again. But Eden and Lucian had been able to make her feel safe and loved, which I was forever grateful for because this little angel was a joy to look at when she was happy.

"I would, Yannie, but I can't." She answered dramatically. "There is someone else for you out there, I know it!" She pressed a kiss to my cheek and as if fate was against me, said person appeared. The most amazing smell drifted into the room and I could physically feel his presence. My eyes closed on their own accord and I could only faintly hear Eden and Gia's screams of joy and enjoyment as all my senses honed in on my mate who had just stepped across the threshold of the Smith Household.

"Yan!" I snapped my eyes open to see Eden clicking her fingers in front of my face.

"Sorry, I was- distracted." My voice kind of faded towards the end of my sentence as my eyes landed on my mate, sitting on the couch with Gia balancing on his knees. Luke Peterson was the personification of perfection: smart, kind, funny, sarcastic, tall, lean, a mop of brown curly hair on his head and sweet chocolate eyes. He smelt like chocolate as well, and it was the most intoxicating smell I had ever-

"Kilyan, you're staring." Oh by the sweet gods, even his voice was sweet and velvety like chocolate. I groaned but then realised what had just left my mate's lips and shot up from my knees.

"I- I-" I hated myself for stuttering. I'm the future Alpha for god's sake. The worst thing was that he didn't seem affected at all. He had just turned back to Gia and continued his game with her.