Blood.

[Luke]

In the morning, Kilyan was gone. I knew he would be but it still hurt. I could feel my wolf curling into itself in the back of my mind and his blatant lack of communication was starting to get to me. I swung my legs out of bed and pushed myself up, but my head started pounding harshly and black dots appeared in my vision. I clutched my head as my body swayed slightly and my breathing was laboured when it stopped. I sighed and got dressed quickly after taking a shower. Downstairs my best friend, her mate and pup were already in the kitchen, making breakfast. I watched them with a longing feeling in my gut. Lucian was cooking while Eden tried to make Gia take her vitamins, that she still needed from being malnourished since she had run away from the Consi. The little girl refused them with a smile in her eyes, claiming she felt fine but Eddie wouldn't hear it. The week she had been here without Gia had been a very bad time in her life. I remember that she was very passive and even though she was enjoying home, a part of her had been missing that week. Now when I looked at her as she struggled with her child and her loving mate, I was happy for her. I sighed as pictures of a similar scene with different people popped into my head and stepped into the kitchen.

"Lukey!" Gia exclaimed happily and jumped off of the chair, leaving an exasperated Eden and a chuckling Lucian behind. I grinned as he walked up to Eddie and dropped a kiss on her neck, before he turned back to the stove. Lifting Gia up over my head I spun her around.

"How is my princess this morni-"I broke off when a shooting pain ripped through my stomach. I set Gia down before I could drop her and groaned in pain.

"Lukey?" Gia asked and I could hear tears in her voice.

"I'm- okay, princess. Don't- worry." I groaned passed the excruciating pains wrecking my abdomen. I felt soft, small hands on my shoulders suddenly and heard Eden say something to Gia and Lucian, then I was guided out of the kitchen and onto a couch in the living room.

"Lukey? Lukey?" Eddie's soft voice called out to me but all I could do was curl up into a little ball and hope for the pain to subside.

"Lukey?" I finally opened my eyes and saw tears running down her face. "Do you want some water? Food? Vodka?" I tried a chuckle but winced in pain before a sound had left my lips. Eddie's face was scrunched up in worry and pain from seeing me like this and she looked so helpless I wanted to cry. It wasn't like her to be helpless. That first week she'd been back had been bad enough but now? Now it was my fault. She didn't really know how badly a rejection hurt. Her being half-fairy helped her wolf deal with the pain. Rejection symptoms varied from wolf to wolf anyway and I didn't know a lot about fairy rejections but from what I've heard a rejection causes more of a loss of power than pain; her wolf was relieved of some pain by her fairy.

"Lukey? Here's some tea..." I looked up and saw tears in her eyes. "That stupid-"

"Don't." was all I said and she stayed silent but I caught the protective glint in her eyes and knew she wasn't going to just leave it at that. I kept quiet though and took the tea, inhaling the warm, soothing steam. The hot liquid burnt its way down my throat but I relished in the stinging pain as it distracted me from the throbbing in my stomach. I felt something crawl into my lap and when I looked down it was little Gia, curled into a tiny ball. I smiled and ran my fingers through her soft hair. My head shot up to look at Eden when the girl in my lap started purring like a cat.

"She seems to think that because we're wolves, she should be a cat." Lucian chuckled as he walked into the room.
"Breakfast's ready." Gia lifted her head lazily and climbed off of my lap slowly, stretching before falling towards Lucian knowing that he would lunge and catch her. She giggled when he caught her and snuggled into his chest. Eden pulled me up off the couch and into the kitchen; I felt like I fit right in but my wolf wouldn't be calm.