The Girl Who Cried Wolf.

[Luke]

Yesterday was perfect. I never knew Yan had a boat's license but his taking me to Mull was the cherry on top. Turned out it was the perfect day for a day on sea; the water was surprisingly quiet and the sun was shining. I smiled when I remembered the absolutely terrified expression on his face when one of the birds almost took a dump on him. Giggling I made my way over to the Alpha House, where I was supposed to meet Yan and that girl from the chippie. I couldn't remember her name, but it still irked me that Kilyan hadn't told me what she had said to him. I heard his voice suddenly and looked up to see him step out of the little forest followed by the girl. Her silver hair was curling around her shoulders in a messy way and her round sunglasses perched on her nose made it impossible to see her eyes. She looked cool in a way, like she didn't care what others thought of her. She looked at me for a second before her eyes swept over the houses surrounding us. I heard a twig snap in the forest and almost had a heart attack when Skylar's wolf stepped out of the forest. I exchanged a frantic look with Kilyan before I hurried to reach the girl before she could spot him but I was too slow. Her mouth fell open slightly when she saw the black wolf but then Skylar, being the idiot that he is, decided to shift. I think her jaw hit the floor when he did and Skylar's head snapped around to stare at her.

"Mate." He growled and hurried towards her, just in time as well because she had been swaying for a few seconds now and was about to collapse when Skylar reached her. He caught her quickly, laid her down gently and took the sunglasses of her nose. She was pretty I had to give her that; Skylar crouched down next to her and asked if she was okay but in a matter of seconds her eyes fluttered open to reveal a pair of stunning soft blue eyes. Her eyes fluttered nervously as she took in what was happening. Her eyes rested on Skylar's dragon tattoo and she screamed. I winced and covered my ears at the high-pitched outcry but Skylar just ran a hand through her hair soothingly and smiled.

"Woah, woah- calm down. It's okay." His smile grew and I could see her eyes light up as they roamed his features. "My name's Skylar." He said while pushing himself up, pulling her up with him. She didn't say a word as she stood in front of Skylar for a few seconds before she stood up on her tiptoes and reacehd up pulling Skylar down into a kiss. I gasped and stared. Skylar was obviously kissing her back, I mean she's his mate, but how did she know? We would soon find out but at the time Kilyan and I exchanged a shocked look, turning away to give them some privacy.

"My name is Jay." Yan and I whirled around when we heard her voice. The two of them were out of breath and kept staring into the other's eyes. I wondered if Yan and I ever looked like that, but shook my head quickly. He said try after all. We weren't very lovey-dovey; well except for yesterday...

"Jay Seit." She finished and Skylar grinned.

"Well hello, Jay. I'm Skylar."

"I know that, silly." She giggled but sobered up as her eyes glazed over for a second. "I'm your mate, right?" She whispered and again we stood there in shock.

"Yes-" Skylar said slowly. "How did you-?"

"I'm psychic." She grinned and we laughed but she just grinned at us knowingly. "I'm serious." I shook my head laughing.

"Let's go inside." Kilyan said with a deadly serious expression on his face. It sent shivers down my back but he brushed me off when I touched his arm to ask what was wrong. I took the pang to my heart in stride and just motioned for Jay and Skylar to follow us.

-

"By Cerridwen! Does this really have to- oh hello there." I stared at Alpha Andrew with wide eyes as he shouted down the phone at someone.

"Dad? We- um need the office for a second." Kilyan muttered sheepishly as his father nodded at him and quickly ended his phone call.

"I need to talk to you after wards, Kilyan and get Lucian in here too." He looked so serious all of a sudden and I had a bad feeling in my stomach that the Sprites were coming back. The heavy oak door fell into the lock behind Kilyan's father and when I turned around to look at Jay and Skylar, he had his arms around her in a protective way and Jay was watching Kilyan with scared, wide eyes.