Smoke.

[Kilyan]

I left the House, walking behind Luke and nearly drooled as I watched his back muscles move underneath the grey shirt he'd changed into because he said and I quote "I'm too hot to function right now.".

"Let's go to the meadow." He said over his shoulder and on our way to said meadow I couldn't keep my eyes off of the back of his neck. There was a tattoo there; it looked like leaves and I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to mean. Before I could ask, he had dropped to the floor and settled with his back towards the stretch of trees behind us. He lit up his cigarette and puffed the smoke into my face. I coughed before sending him a glare.

"Don't be rude, sit down and light up.", was all he said and I rolled my eyes, but did exactly as he said. When I looked over at him again, the sun was illuminating his skin and he had the cigarette hanging between his lips while staring at something to my right.

"What are you thinking?" I asked while exhaling smoke.

"You really want to know?" His chocolate eyes were turned on me and I felt my wolf almost sighing in contentment to see no pain in them. It had hurt so badly when he had started throwing up blood and then in the hospital when he'd opened his eyes; there was so much pain and it was my fault.

"Yes." He took the cigarette from his lips and puffed another cloud of smoke in my face.

"You. I was thinking about you." A smile stole itself onto his lips and I couldn't help but scoot closer to him. "You were a twat for ignoring me this long." He chuckled and I looked down at my feet, while twisting a bit of grass between my fingers. "Hey, gorgeous, don't pull that face." He tapped my chin, making me look up at him. His smiled melted me and I leaned towards him.

"Nu-uh. No kisses until you've at least taken me out on a date, you big Alpha." He laughed and took one last drag form his cigarette before putting it out against a small metal plate in the ground.

"What's that?" I frowned and ran my fingers over the cold metal.

"Way to change the topic." He grumbled, but continued before I could say anything else. "I put it here so I could smoke without setting the meadow on fire if I leave a fag lying around." He laughed but I could hear the strained sound underneath his laughter. So I stood up after putting my cigarette out and pulled him up with me.

"Luke Peterson," I picked him up bridal-style. "are you free tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow is Tuesday." He drawled and patted my chest. "Let me down, Kilyan." He tried to get down but I only held him closer to me. My wolf was rejoicing inside of me and I smiled when he sighed and let his head drop back, giving me a nice view of the smooth skin of his neck. I couldn't resist and ran ran my lips up and over his adam's apple, only to have him squirming in my arms.

"Kilyan." He rasped and I grinned.

"So, tomorrow? I was thinking the little chippie in Oban, you know the one at the harbour?" He pushed me hard enough so I had to let him go. He dropped but landed on all fours.

"I thought you were a wolf and not a cat." I laughed and he only grinned.

"Like I said: there's a lot you don't know about me.

-

The next day I woke up with a fluttering stomach, and contrary to the last few weeks it wasn't the bad flutter of rejection but the excited flutter of getting to spend the day with Luke. I showered quickly and did my business before heading downstairs for a quick breakfast. We were scheduled to drive into Oban at 11, go for lunch and then just stroll. He didn't know that I might have rented a boat for the day and I wasn't planning on telling him until we got to the harbour. My phone went off and when I saw Luke's ID pop up on the screen I answered quickly.